PRetty thankful

52 Comments on PRetty thankful

thankfulIt’s become my annual tradition to write about being thankful as we approach another Thanksgiving weekend.  Here are my thoughts for Thanksgiving 2013:

We should be pretty thankful that our profession continues to grow in numbers and stature as a means to effectively communicate between organizations, individuals, institutions, and their publics.

I’m pretty thankful for the PR students who inspire me through their enthusiasm and their desire to succeed.

We should be pretty thankful that “public relations specialist” ranked number one in a Yahoo Education article this week titled, “High-earning jobs to help pay off student loans faster.”

I’m pretty thankful for my colleagues because they are incredibly supportive and helpful, and they allow me to develop new coursework and programs, and to grow as an educator.

We should be pretty thankful for our nation’s First Amendment, which enables us to disagree with authority, report the truth, worship (or not) without consequence, gather in protest, and have freedoms unmatched under any other government.

I’m pretty thankful for feeling fulfilled each day whether it’s by helping family members work through a decision or a challenge, matching a student with an internship, assisting a colleague with a project, or making my wife feel happy and loved.

We should all be pretty thankful for the opportunity to spend much of our time in a quality institution of higher learning. Two-thirds of American high school grads go to college, and just one-third of them earn a bachelor’s degree.  This gives my students and my colleagues a distinct professional advantage over most.

I’m pretty thankful that while they’re quite busy with their own lives, my grown-up children still seem to like spending time with their father.  And one of them brings along my two baby grandsons!

Finally, all of us should be pretty thankful for being among the most secure, well-fed, nicely clothed, supremely sheltered people on planet earth.  We live better than about 95% of the rest of the world.  We must always be grateful for this and wish the same for others less fortunate.

What are you pretty thankful for this Thanksgiving?  Your thoughts?

52 thoughts on “PRetty thankful

1. Francesca Bove

This past year a lot has happened in my life which as me me look at the bigger picture. I have realized that you shouldn’t sweat the small things in life and nothing is really ever that bad. I am extremely thankful for my family. They really are always going to be there for me at the end of the day no matter what. I am also thankful for the friends I have made who have helped me in ways I am so appreciative of. I am also thankful for my health and for my families health. I am truly blessed to have the people who are in my life in it. Also its always a plus to hear that PR is one of the best fields to get into to help pay off college loans!

2. Robert Ryan

I definitely can relate to being the most thankful for my family. I’m thankful my mother is patient woman and puts up with her son while experiences college; being a junior and not being exactly sure of a career path is nerve racking but she seems cooler with it than I do. I’m also thankful for my extended family. All the people I have met during college has really made the experience that much more worth. Finally, I’m thankful for my beautiful girlfriend Francesca. She keeps me grounded. Gosh I love that girl.

3. lmansl1

I did not know PR was ranked as one of the high-earning jobs to help students pay off loans faster! I’m certainly thankful for that! I’m also thankful to have found such a wonderful school with such successful professors and such driven students. I sort of just fell into PR but I’m thankful because I think it’s where I’m supposed to be. Whether I will end up working in a PR firm or use PR as a diving board into politics, I’m grateful I found a field that highlights some of my best skills. I’m also thankful I got to work on a political campaign in the fall. This campaign made me realize how invigorating it is to have the opportunity to create change and make a difference. This, is what I love about politics,

4. Jordan Richmond

I’m thankful for each opportunity that has been presented to me this past year. Be it a new friend, a new job, or a new path, I’m extremely thankful that I was able to have the benefits of an American education. As there are so many people in this world who do not have the same opportunities as us, I think it’s important to recognize that we, for the most part, have more benefits and opportunities for economic and personal growth. I’m thankful to be at Hofstra, and I’m thankful that we’re able to live here and sharpen our minds.

5. marilynoliver

I just noticed I never commented on this one but what a great post! Studies show (and it doesn’t take studies to know this) the happiest people on earth are the most grateful. Gratitude is a practice, and as I try to keep gratitude at the forefront of my daily thoughts I notice that my priorities line up and worries go away. I’m so grateful to be going to a school that turned out to be perfectly fitted for my interests and have the faculty that’s supported and inspired me since freshman year. As finals week is upon us I’m extremely thankful I have a warm and loving family to come home to for the holidays once this week’s stress is over! Then afterwards I get to come back to school for one final semester of what is turning out to be a fantastic senior year!

6. Alexandra Ciongoli

I am incredibly thankful for all the wonderful people I am fortunate enough to have in my life. I honestly don’t know where I would be without them; I have always thought that objects and locations might make up a house, but people are what make that house a home. Since I left my house in New Jersey last year to move into college, I have never felt more at home than when I am surrounded by my closest friends. I am thankful that I get to live with three lovely individuals here at school who love me unconditionally, and who usually know me better than I know myself. I really think that family, friends and significant others are what the holidays are all about; showing your loved ones just how grateful you are to have them in your life and buying them a gift or spending extra time with them to prove it.

7. jeremydbeck

I think its always a nice thing to be thankful and have gratitude. Thanks for taking a moment to remind us of what is truly important.

8. Richard Rocha

Although I am a little late on this article, it is still the Holidays I am always thankful around this time of year for family, friends, and all of the opportunities given to me. And as corny as it sounds, I’m thankful for the education Hofstra gives me. I know I pay for it, and it isn’t cheap, but it is definitely all relevant and applicable in the real world.

9. Jeremy Epstein

I transferred schools for the spring semester of last year so I definitely am thankful for attending Hofstra. I am also thankful that my family and I have the necessary resources to pursue a higher education because sometimes those can be taken for granted.

10. Richard Ioannou

Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays, not only because of the food, but because of how appreciative everyone is on that day. However, we should always remind ourselves everyday how thankful we all truly are. This Thanksgiving I am very thankful for my family. I’m not saying in the past I haven’t been, but as I get older I realize how valuable and important it is to spend time with the people who will love you back no matter what. Every time school stresses me out or I need someone to talk to, I can always count on my family because they are always truthfully honest with me and willingly help me out in any situation. Also, I am very thankful for the wonderful life I have, the awesome friends I surround myself with, my nice professors and to anyone who has ever made a positive impact on my life.

11. Nicole Lombardo

Going through this past Thanksgiving I found myself extremely thankful for family. Two days before the holiday I became an Aunt for the first time to a perfect little baby girl and the feeling is indescribable. I never before felt so much love for one person and she was barely a day old. Family is everything and that is what I am most thankful for. My family has given me everything the most is my chance to attend Hofstra which ultimately lead to me taking this class. Knowing what I want in my future, having family by my side and attending a great university that has helped me towards my future is a blessing and what I find myself most thankful for.

12. kerry stewart

It is extremely nice to see people take the time to really count their blessings. I think this post is quite reflective on all the wonderful things each of us need to be thankful for. Even every day life things that we tend to overlook are all things to be thankful for. This blog post definitely allowed me to sit back and reflect on what is truly important. We should all consider ourselves to be lucky to have a national holiday thats purpose is to remind us how lucky we are.

13. Kim Gray

This blog post was absolutely beautiful and indeed we all have many things to be thankful for. I’m really happen you shared this with us, because it just reminds us how blessed we all are and to never take anything for granted. Your post made me reflect on the many blessings that were granted to me in my life. I am very thankful for you giving me the opportunity to be apart of Hofstra University’s first graduate public relations program. I have learned many things regarding to this profession and I am so excited. Thank you.

14. Alyssa O'Brien

I am truly thankful to be a student at Hofstra University, the relationships I have made here with students, professors, administrators, and other employees. I’m thankful that I go to a school that pushes students to excel doing something we love and provides us with the resources to help us do so. I’m thankful for the diversity at Hofstra and the opportunity to improve myself while here. I’m thankful that I live in the United States, and our biggest problems disagreeing on how to improve our standard of living. I’m thankful for the simple things in life that make me smile everyday. I’m thankful to be alive.

15. jessicaxxrebello

I very much enjoyed reading this blog post! Seeing that you are thankful for your PR students, and the feeling of feeling fulfilled when you help them in ways such as matching them with internships, like you have done for me, is very pleasant to know.
    This Thanksgiving, it was hard to be thankful for much due to events that have taken place. However, looking beyond the sadness and hoping for the best in the years to come, I am thankful for my amazing family and friends, all the opportunities that Hofstra has given me that will ultimately help me in my future, the great professors I was able to work with throughout the years, and the health of my family, friends, and myself.
    I believe that Thanksgiving is a very important holiday. It allows people to look back on their year and reflect on people, events and things that we are thankful to have in our lives. Even through all the hard times I have encountered this year, I am grateful for the continuous support I have from my family and friends.

16. Laura Schioppi

We should all be thankful to be given the opportunity to attend Hofstra and learn about Public Relations. Many people work hard to be in our positions. I am thankful to have a supportive family and loyal friends who inspire me to go after my dreams. I am also thankful to be surrounded by professors who can teach me everything I need to know in order to go after my goals in the future. It is important to surround yourself with positive people during this time. Thank you professor for always helping me in any way possible!!!

17. Laurel Smith

Though cliche, I really do believe everyone should take time out of their day, everyday, to look around and be grateful for what they have. There’s a popular saying that’s been said a lot recently called, “first world problems.” This is when you or someone complains about something that is really very insignificant. Though funny, it should never be taken seriously. We are truly blessed creatures that live very happy lives.

With that being said, I am grateful for so much. Family, friends, the education I am receiving, but most importantly, the opportunities that lay before me that I have yet to grasp.

18. Reina Morison

There are so many things that we should be grateful for that we forget to be, so it was great to read about some of them. I am grateful for Hofstra and the effort they put into furthering your career, and I am also extremely grateful for my family and the people that support me. its great that we can take a day just to reflect on all the positive things we have in our life.

19. Olga Varnavskaya

I am thankful to spend this Thanksgiving holiday together with the people that are most dear to me – my family and friends. Since I moved to this country only a year ago, having left my parents and friends that I grew up with, back there, across the ocean, it’s really valuable to me that I have some people here, who I can spend family holidays with.
    I am thankful for being a student at Hofstra University. It inspires me to set up new goals in my career and achieve them.
    I am thankful for being a mother of my amazing daughter, who brings so much joy in my life and makes me feel fulfilled.

20. Chelsey Fuller

This was a wonderful article to read Professor. Sometimes I think we are so caught up in our busy lives to really step back and look at how truly blessed we are. I am personally thankful for overcoming so many obstacles to attend Hofstra University. I know the fear of student loans and job hunting has blinded me in the past, but I know that this is the education I want. I am so thankful for all my professors and advisors for encouraging me to continue on and teaching me all that they know. It really is shocking how so many people do not get to experience college and get the education we receive here so I really need to remember how lucky I am and work hard to help others. Outside academics I am thankful to have such a supportive family, great friends, an amazing boyfriend, and the best RA staff around. They all make my life full of joy and love. This thanksgiving I am thankful for just about everything in my life.

21. Whitney Shepherd

Reading this article really inspires me to take a moment and think about exactly what I am thankful for during this holiday devoted to bringing loved ones together. I know that I am always thankful for my family through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am also thankful to have the opportunity to continue my education at an amazing university filled with so many intelligent students and professors. I am also thankful for having great friends that I learn from each and every day through the many different cultures and nationalities. I know I can ramble on for forever about the things that I am thankful for, but I am most thankful for having the opportunity to live every day healthy and happily.

22. Max Eisenberg

I am thankful for my friends who I know have my back through thick and thin. I’m also thankful that I have shelter and good food to eat everyday and never worry about going hungry. I’m thankful that I discovered Buddhism and it’s changed my life. I am extremely thankful for my animals that I rescued and each day I get to spend with them. I’m thankful for my scholarship that allows me to go to Hofstra and get an education and join some clubs. I could go all day naming things I am thankful for

23. akrame27

Reading this article made me take a step back and realize how lucky I am. I am truly grateful and thankful for the opportunities and experiences I have had and I owe that all to my parents who have provided me with endless opportunities to grow and experience not only as a student but as an individual. I would not be at Hofstra if it weren’t for my parents supporting me of course economically and in my dreams and goals for the future. I am thankful for them and never say that enough! I am also thankful for the opportunity to attend Hofstra and be apart of such an outstanding communication department. I hope this time next year I will be able to say I am thankful to have a job in the field of public relations!

24. Nathalie Salazar

What a great article, Professor! 🙂 Here are a few things I’m PRetty thankful for:

I’m PRetty thankful for having the opportunity to be part of a wonderful school of communication, here at Hofstra, where, everyday I am inspired by my professors and fellow peers.
    I’m PRetty thankful for knowing my family is safe all the way in California, and even though I won’t be spending Thanksgiving this year with them, I’m PRetty thankful for the love they have for me.
    I’m PRetty thankful for this much needed break from school because I have a lot of papers to write…and now I have the time!
    And lastly, I’m PRetty thankful for my life because I am very blessed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving break!

25. Jaime Silano

Like my peers, I enjoyed reading this article because it was both uplifting and true. I am pretty thankful for my parents, who support me wholeheartedly in anything I do. I recognize that I am (literally) among the luckiest people on Earth for having access to food, shelter, and education. I am not only able to attend college; I am able to pursue a degree in anything I want to. I have the freedom to work towards a career in something I love, simply because I love it. The choice to do what makes me happy and the support from the people I love in doing so is definitely what I am most thankful for. I am thankful for choice, opportunity, and for being surrounded by success and positivity on campus through interaction with professors and peers. Finally, I am thankful for sweet potatoes and marshmallows – the second best thing, next to expressing thanks, about this holiday!

26. acasole

I enjoyed reading your blog post this week and found the things that you are thankful for very interesting, especially the yahoo article. I was very excited to see PR ranked so highly on the list of six high paying careers to help pay off student loans. I also enjoyed reading all of the things that you were thankful for. I feel that it is really important to recognize everything that you are thankful for, not just around the time of Thanksgiving. Upon a very negative period of my life, it has truly given me the opportunity to really recognize all of the things that I should be thankful for and all of the things that I am blessed to have. The things that I am most thankful for are my family, friends, education and health.

27. Lauren Platt

I really enjoyed reading this today as I sit at home with my family for Thanksgiving break. This year I have so much to be thankful for and I really do appreciate everything I have in my life. I am thankful for all of my family and their health and happiness. I am also so thankful for my mom and everything she has done for my sister and me. I am thankful for each and everyone of my Delta Gamma sisters who so confidently voted for me to be their newest president. As the year comes to a close it is important to remember everything you have and to never take any of it for granted.

28. jryan32

As this is my senior year, and my last Thanksgiving Break while enrolled at Hofstra University, I think it is only appropriate to say that one thing I am extremely thankful for is my decision to attend Hofstra University. By choosing a school so close to the city I have had the opportunity to gain internship experience at huge companies that I never thought I’d get the chance to work at. Most recently, I have received an internship offer at a record label, which has been my dream for as long as I can remember. I have also been fortunate enough to make some great friendships that I know will last far beyond my four years at Hofstra. I had a fantastic time here and will truly miss it.

29. Danie Zolezzi

This post makes me think of all the things I should be thankful all year and not just during the holidays. It’s terrible how much we take for granted but at least we have this time of year to share with our families and revaluate our priorities. This Thanksgiving break I’m going to try to spend as much time with friends and family as I can because I truly value nothing more than their company. I love where I’m headed in terms of school and my career and I couldn’t have gotten here without their help.

30. Brittany Witter

Personally I am more than pretty thankful for family, they are my rock and support me through all of my dreams. I am more than pretty thankful to be among the highly education people in today’s society, so many of us don’t realized how blessed we are to not only have an education but to be learning about what we chose to learn about to reach our dreams. I am pretty thankful for my job and all the doors it can and will open for me in the future. I am more than pretty thankful for my friends and my lovely and amazing boyfriend, my friends are always there for me when I need them to listen or to be my cheerleaders. My boyfriend is not just the love of my life but my best friend, going on two years together and I am pretty thankful that I am just as, if not more, in love with him now as I was two years ago.

Happy Thanksgiving!

31. adrianazappolo

I really enjoyed reading this. I think it is extremely important to take a break from our crazy schedules and reflect on all that we are thankful for. I am thankful for my friends and family who have helped me through every rough patch in my life. I am also thankful for my education, and all of my professors who are guiding me one step closer to pursing my dream career.

32. rachelcarru2

I truly am thankful for all of the changes that have taken place in my life throughout the past year or so. My family and I have never gotten along as well as we do right now, my brother is coming home from his travels soon, my boyfriend and I are as strong as ever, and my grades are great. I’ve finally found my calling and with an internship coming up in the spring, I know that I am well on my way to professional happiness. Lastly, everyone I love has their health and that’s what is most important at the end of the day. I hope everyone has a great holiday!

33. csawye2

I really enjoyed this article as it is important to take a step back and realize all of the things you are grateful and thankful for. My generation tends to get caught up with material things and it is important for us to realize that not everyone has the opportunities that we have. One thing I will be forever grateful for is my college education. Many members of my family did not have the opportunity to attend so I feel very lucky to be able to pursue my dreams and receive a college education. Along with my education I’m grateful for my family and friends who have helped me get to college and their continuous support in everything I do.

34. Play Ball!

I am thankful everyday for the countless blessings I have been given. It is nice, to spend a day honoring, celebrating, and reinforcing our gratitude, but that does not mean we should be more or less thankful than any other day. Holiday’s are a time to celebrate and reflect, and this Thanksgiving I am thankful for so many wonderful opportunities, people, and experiences that have influenced my life and my choices.

35. Ishan Kumar

As an outsider I was unaware of thanksgiving. I feel it’s a wonderful day and a great opportunity to look back and thank everyone and feel how lucky we are to have such a beautiful life. I am so thankful to my parents and my teachers who always taught me kindness, politeness and having a helping attitude. It is an inspiring article. Thank You Professor.

36. Yeliz A

We should be thankful for what we have on a daily basis, but due to the constant activities and responsibilities in our busy lives it’s hard to just down and appreciate what we have. I must say that I am most thankful for having loved ones and family members by my side whenever I need them. I am thankful for the roof over my head, an education at an amazing university, and being able to work a part-time job while also interning for a television company. I am thankful for my best friend of over 10 years who’s stuck around my craziness and occasional mood-swings. I am thankful for my family’s health and the health of those closest to me. I am thankful for all the modern technology that I own; not everyone has the ability to access these devices that we consider necessities. But overall I am just very grateful for all the opportunities I’ve had in life so far, all the places I’ve seen and traveled to, all the unique people I’ve met along the way, and all the experiences I’ve made throughout the years. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts on your blog!

37. Will Martinez

It is so important to constantly take a step back and asses what is important to you. Some of the things you value and are thankful for, I am grateful for as well. During our day-to-day routines, we often forget that everyone we know lives better than most of the world. There are still thousands of people in parts of Africa, for example, that are living below the poverty line of about $1.25 a day. Going to Hofstra, being healthy and having a group of loving friends and family members is definitely something I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

38. croyal13

This article really reinforced my feelings this holiday season. I always feel like we are not as grateful as we should for the opportunities we are given. We think of ourselves as regular college students, going to school to get a degree and enter the work force. This seems normal in the country that we live in, but for many this is a privilege. I am grateful for the education I receive and the support from my friends and family. I think the best way to show how grateful I am is to share these opportunities and to help others.

39. Sarah ElSayed

First of all, I’d like to say that I’m thankful to have the opportunity to read this article; there are people on Earth that don’t have access to computers, and the ability to express their opinion to the rest of the world. Although I’m incredibly thankful for the big things in my life, such as the opportunity to go to a private university in the heart of Long Island, I’m more thankful for the simple things which seem to be the foundation. The continuing support of my mother and my sister has helped me to obtain everything that I’ve received thus far in my 20 years of life. I can thank my family for the unconditional love they give me that can’t be replaced by anyone or anything in the universe. In addition to being thankful for all that I have, I wish that other people can have as much as I do, and I plan to some day give my future family all the love that I have to give. This quote makes me feel thankful even on my lowest days: “some people are so poor that all they have is money”.

40. Emily Green

This article was so inspiring because it made me even more sure about my career interest in public relations. And with that I can think of many things I am thankful for. I am thankful that Hofstra has provided me with a great program that allows me to learn as much as I can about public relations. I am thankful for all of my professors who work so hard to give me the education I need to succeed in my life after college. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive credit for internships that I will learn from and help boost my chances of finding work after college. In my personal life, I am thankful for all of the wonderful people I have – my family, my friends, my boyfriend, and my pets. I am thankful for my support system that I have with all of these people and the joy they bring to me. This year, I am just thankful for all I have.

41. Zoe Hoffmann

Professor I really enjoyed this article. It is so important to reflect on everything we have and are grateful for. I am so incredibly thankful that I can go to school and be educated every single day. I am thankful I have found my passion in public relations PR and that I have so many opportunities, mentors and colleagues who share that with me. I am thankful for my friends and family all over the world and for their health and happiness. Thank you for allowing us to truly reflect on what is so important during this time of year.

42. Ariana Goldklang

This article reminded me that I do have a lot to be thankful for. I’m thankful for my family and friends who are always supportive of me and I’m also thankful for the opportunity I have to be attending a college with so many programs and opportunities for my major. This also made me realize how a lot of the future is up to me, if I appreciate and use what I have, I will be able to accomplish many of my goals in the future.

43. Leia Schultz

This is a great list of things to be thankful for, and really nice to read at this time of year. I appreciate the things that you highlight here, especially those that relate to the public relations field and the opportunity I have to be at Hofstra learning from you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

44. cmadsenpr

Your holiday spirit is so inspiring! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and always makes me sentimental about everything we have to be thankful for. I’m so pretty thankful that I have a family who supports me and supports my future and the decisions that I make. I’m also pretty thankful for the select few friends who I can always count on to have my back no matter what the situation. Even though Thanksgiving is a special holiday that we have to give thanks, I try to give thanks every day for everything that I have.

45. Brie

I think that is so awesome that pr is ranked #1 in Yahoo’s education article. I just looked at the article and am surprised that accountants are not higher on the list. Over the years the profession has gained in popularity so I am shocked they are not listed first because I really thought they would have. On the other-hand I am so happy to see pr listed first. It is in such high demand right now and I cannot wait to really dive right into the business after graduation.

I am thankful for my friends and family. Especially my family. Without them I would not be here at Hofstra nor the person I am today. My parents put clothes on my back, a roof over my head, food on my plate and so much more and I am so grateful for everything they do for me.

This is a great time of year. A time to be with the people you love and appreciate what you have. That being said, I wish Black Friday (the most materialistic day of the year) did not fall directly after the day we are supposed to be thankful for what we have.

46. Dilpreet Kainth

I have many things to be thankful for and in reading this article, I realize the positivity and gratitude that should be put into our daily lives. Especially in comparison to the rest of the world where many privileges are not necessarily even known. Oftentimes as individuals and as a country, we forget how much we have to be grateful for. This Thanksgiving, I can say I am very thankful for the family I am blessed with. I love and appreciate the loved ones and friends I can say I have. As a broadcast journalism major, I can be grateful for the classes and internships I have been able to have and experience. Because as a student, I realize I am grateful to have an education and whatever advantage I can have to get obtain a career.

47. Joe Flanagan

I am thankful for a lot of things in my life right now. In my professional life, I am thankful for being part of such a credible University, to receive an education that only a few are able to receive. I am lucky to a have a group of Professors support me in everything I do so I can grow as a student, and as a global citizen. I am fortunate for all the help these Professors provide me and all of the students at Hofstra University.
    In my personal life, I am thankful for having a roof over my head each night, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and a wonderful family who supports me in everything that I do. I am thankful for all of my friends and for everything I have in my life right now.

48. Cody Dano

This article really inspired me to go after my dreams and be the best public relations agent I can be. This year has been such a learning experience for me. I declared my major in public relations last spring, but didn’t put much thought into joining any organizations or finding an internship. I kept thinking to myself that I still had so much time to figure things out. However, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. This year, I’ve learned that you really have to put yourself out there to network and find those people who will get you that internship. I am thankful for my amazing professors who have helped me discover this passion I have for PR. I am also thankful for the PRSSA E-board who have encouraged me to become active in the club and go for an E-board position next fall.

49. Alexandra Cohen

This is the time of year during the holiday season, where we look back and reflect on the past year and think about what we’re thankful for. I’m thankful for my family because of all their love and support they’ve given me. I’m thankful for all my wonderful friends and how we always have a fun time no matter what we do. I’m thankful that I get to attend this expensive university which has a great Communications program, well experienced professors, and close to NYC for internships.

50. Rachel Tyler

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the past year and really appreciate what life has given you. This year I am thankful that I am able to attend Hofstra University and get the opportunity to learn from my wonderful professors. I am most thankful for my family, especially my parents, for always having each others backs and supporting one another unconditionally.

51. Lyndi Catania

This was such a positive article to read and it actually put a smile on my face thinking of all the things there are to be thankful for. I am extremely thankful to be attending Hofstra University and that I have realized what it is I want to do with my future. Although everybody goes through hard times, it is important to remember the good things in life.