Thankful for the suPeRstars

57 Comments on Thankful for the suPeRstars
Annik Spencer and me at Hofstra PRSSA's Networking Dinner Nov. 18

Annik Spencer and me at Hofstra PRSSA’s Networking Dinner Nov. 18

This weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving and (hopefully) spent some time thinking about what we’re thankful for. Family, friends, opportunities, and health top most of our lists; for me, I’m also thankful I’m a teacher.

More specifically, I’m thankful that I teach public relations because I can’t think of another subject that would allow a person to teach such a diversity of skills and career options. PR practitioners can apply their abilities to any environment in any type of business setting any place in the world.

In which other profession can a person write a speech, a blog and social media posts multiple times each day? Where else can one plan an event — selecting venues, choosing menus, hiring entertainment, finding sponsors, and notifying honorees–and when it’s done start all over again? What job allows one to write press releases, pitch reporters, create scripts, produce videos and podcasts, book interviews, and be interviewed? Where else can you lobby lawmakers, stage public hearings, create informative articles, and witness the results and benefits of your efforts? And which profession takes socializing, networking, collaboration, recognition, and celebrations to such a high level? The answer is PR.

On my side of the profession is the pride teachers feel when seeing their students succeed. Recently, a dozen PR alumni came back to campus for the Hofstra PRSSA’s Annual Networking Dinner as professionals, mentoring about 90 current students on how to find internships and begin careers in public relations. They’ve established themselves in major Manhattan and Long Island-based agencies and firms, and have each become PR superstars.

My former student and now good friend Annik Spencer just posted on CooperKatz’s corporate blog titled, “Six Things PR Professionals Are Thankful For.” Annik reflected on how winning clients, successful media placements, making connections, and working with “amazing” people has made her grateful she’s chosen this profession. I agree. After a long PR career, I can teach a thrilling diversity of topics while watching former students thrive as professionals. For this, I’m very thankful. What were you grateful for this Thanksgiving? Your thoughts?

57 thoughts on “Thankful for the suPeRstars

1. premierorion

When I reflect on the path I took to get to where I am today, I am thankful for being where I am today. I am lucky to be attending Hofstra University where we have a great communications department which is helping me grow in a way that will benefit me in my future endeavors. All the teachers I have had are very helpful and I appreciate the fact that they are ll willing to help me advance myself further. Thank You.

2. Bianca Kroening

This was such a great post, and thank you so much for linking Annik’s–hers was another excellent read! I’m thankful for Hofstra’s super-supportive network of professionals, both in the School of Comm and the rest of the university. The other day I met somebody new that got into Hofstra and told me how excited she was. I felt so blessed to be able to tell her “No way! That’s my school!”

3. kgorsky1

I am so thankful for the opportunities that I am given here at Hofstra and the fact that I love both of my majors so much. It’s difficult for many people to find one thing that they are truly passionate about, and I am so lucky that I have found two.

4. Martin Bradshaw

Even though I am a first-semester freshman and have only taken one PR class, I am already really enjoying it. My Fundamentals of PR class was definitely my favorite of the semester and I am excited to continue learning about Public Relations.

5. Maddi Roman

Everyday I think about how thankful I am to be living in this country, attending a university, with a huge support network behind me. My family has done so much for me, and all I want is to make them proud. I am attracted to PR because of the diversity in the major. I want to keep my future as open as possible, and PR is a great way to ensure this. The broad amount of options that PR opens up in regards to a career is promising.

6. Nicole Garcia

Though sometimes all may seem wrong in life, when I reflect on what really matters, I’m often thankful and blessed to have my family.

7. alliegiordano

I loved this blog post, Annik was so sweet and I loved learning about CooperKatz from her. This year I am especially thankful to be able to fortunate enough to attend a university that offers Public Relations as a major so I can graduate and hopefully get a job doing exactly what I am interested in. I am also thankful to have a supportive family and group of friends that want to see me succeed in the future.

8. Daphne Kotridis

I’m thankful for my family, my friends, and the fact that I am able to attend such an amazing school. PR really does have a lot to offer – especially in a world where an immediacy exists in the public’s knowledge of events. And what is fascinating is that our technology is only getting faster. The degree to which the public is involved in entertainment and the ethics of consumer products continues to expand, making the job of the PR practitioner all the more relevant.

9. lourdesjc

I’m super thankful to have the parents that support me through thick and thin and have given me the opportunity to further my education with asking for nothing in return. Only my full dedication and to do something I love. This Thanksgiving was truly one to remember. Apart from spending it with my family, uncles,aunts, cousins, nephews, and nieces, my brother flew in from El Salvador with his wife and baby girl. It was their first time in New York. It was exciting showing him around New York and exploring places for the first time myself. New Yorkers tend to not explore believing they’ll get a chance another day to visit attractions but end up putting it off again and again. I’m thankful I got to spend time together and I felt like a tourist at times given I didn’t know my way around many places in the city.

10. joebarone28

I apologize for the delay but this Thanksgiving I was grateful enough to spend it with my large family. Holidays really put things into perspective. It makes you truly appreciate what you have and how special your life truly is. Simply, my family and friends are what I am thankful for. And after a long and chaotic week, I realize that I have a large support system behind me. That is what I am thankful for. And I am thankful for having an all-around great PR professor that educates me on a field that I always had interest in and supports me as journalism major with interest in PR.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

11. Rachel Tyler

One of the main reasons PR attracted me was because of the options. It is such a diverse field, where you have a sea of opportunities to chose what you want to do. I am a fan of writing but I am also a fan of event planning and social media. PR gives it’s practitioners to truly explore what they love and experience it all.

12. Erin Schmitt

I really enjoyed reading this post, and it definitely resonates with all of the reasons why I consider PR to be such a exciting field to get into. I am so grateful that I learned about the field of PR while I was a junior in high school, as it really appealed to me then and I never looked back. Though she definitely has time to figure it out, it’s hard to see my younger sister (who is a freshman here at Hofstra) struggle to decide on which major is best for her. I feel really grateful that I never really hesitated with having PR as my major, as this doubt understandably tends to plague many college students, and it’s always remained the profession that I plan on pursuing. The School of Communication here and its faculty of professors is a testament to this. I feel truly grateful for the opportunities I’ve had during my time at Hofstra, both through internships and classroom learning experiences. I’m so happy to be at a school where I feel the professors care about helping and guiding their students, and I think this factors in a great level of confidence in how we go forward into the working world. I’m proud that I’ll be able to call Hofstra and our School of Communication my alma mater.
    I’m so thankful to have such a strong family life with parents and sisters that I consider to be my best friends. I’m also thankful that I am so close with my cousins and that we live in close proximity to make this possible. I’m grateful that I’ve had a great group of friends that have remained stable since childhood, and seeing them all together this Thanksgiving break was awesome. Also, thanks to this post for being a great reminder for all that I’m thankful for!

13. Laura Bellini

This Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for my family, friends and my health. I am also thankful because I finally have some direction on where I want to go with my career. As a non-PR major, I came into my PR 100 class not knowing anything. After participating in the class for the semester, learning what the profession entails and attending the networking dinner, I can confidently say that Public Relations, particularly in the field of politics, is something I want to pursue in furthering my education as well as my career. I am thankful that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and that I can finally move forward in a field where my job has the potential to be new and exciting every day.

14. Emily Green

I completely agree with your post – PR is such a great subject to study because it prepares you to have the skills needed to succeed in so many different jobs. I can do so much as a PR professional and I am so excited to see where my career takes me. I am so thankful to have chosen a university that has opened me up to the school of communications and I am thankful that I am about to graduate and apply what I have learned in the real world. When I was little, I always wanted to be a teacher, and when I got to college I realized that I did not want to spend my entire life in a classroom. With PR, it is reassuring to know that I can do both. Right now, I can be a PR professional, and maybe one day when I have had enough, I can be a PR professor and teach like I always wanted to do.

15. kassaramcelroy

To be honest, I am grateful to have discovered this major. I am a first semester junior and this is my first semester as a public relations major. It took me longer than most to discover this field, but i really am thankful to have found it at all. I believe i will enjoy a career in this field and have been inspired by the information Ive learned from this class, since it is my first true exposure to the subject. I’m excited for the future!

16. Rebecca Haines

I never really thought about the many benefits of PR until I saw them all listed out in this blog. It makes me excited for my future in public relations and hopeful that I will be able to obtain a good job in this field. This thanksgiving I was very thankful for my family and friends. Being able to all gather at a family member’s house and celebrate the holiday together was a great feeling. I am especially thankful that I am able to attend Hofstra and receive a great education. I feel confident attending this school because of its amazing communications program, and that is something I am also grateful for.

17. Katherine Hammer

Like you said, there are so many amazing benefits in the public relations profession, and I am so thankful that I was led to pursuing a career in it. There are so many things that I am looking forward to that I get to experience. Even now at my internship I get to dive into so many areas of this profession and see it through other people’s perspectives. I am thankful for my dad pushing me towards this career, because I know that I made the right choice, which is normally hard for someone my age to say. I like to think of PR as a profession you get to tip your toes into everything with. And for that, I am grateful.

18. Kylie Todd

This post made me very happy to read because so often I hear about teachers who seem not to care for their jobs. Even in high school I had a lot of teachers who seemed so negative toward the students like the last thing they wanted to do is teach.
    But it must be very rewarding seeing your students grow to be so successful in the field you taught them. You mentioned all of the duties that come with being a PR practitioner, and to think that you had a hand in helping a student to master that craft is amazing.
    Along with my family and friends I am thankful for the opportunities that I have every day to make a better life for myself, and I’ll try to keep that in mind more often.

19. vciavarella24

I am thankful for my close family and friends because they support everything I do and are always there for me if I need them so I know I can always count on them. My parents are both hard working people and watching them go to work everyday pushes me to be motivated and hard working like them, so I thank them. I am also so thankful for being able to attend a University as great as Hofstra and to be graduating this December after studying PR that I grew to love. I transferred to Hofstra unsure if I had made the right decision. But I made so many friends and memories here that I’ll never forget!

20. syanok

This Thanksgiving I was thankful for my friends, and my family, especially my mom. Losing my grandfather almost a month before the holiday made this day a time to reflect on his life and how much we love him, while remembering to live each day ourselves with purpose. I agree that public relations is a field with such a diverse amount of opportunities and responsibilities, which is one of the main reasons I enjoy it so much.

21. valicea50

There is a lot to be thankful for in life but what I’m most grateful for is the well being and health of my friends and family. A close friend of mind got bad news that he has cancer and it mortified me. But as a family, my friends have banded together to cheer him on through the tough times and prove that we are tough to break. I’m simple so the little things like this in the holiday season mean the most.

22. SShak

I am thankful that PR has so many different opportunities for jobs. IT constantly amazes me the many different possibilities that we have for our futures. The professors we have here at Hofstra have a vast knowledge of our field and it is very helpful in preparing us for what is in store in the future.

23. A. Murphy

I am so grateful to have a direction in life and for the guidance and support that I have received from the Hofstra community. It has been such a wonderful experience living here and I am excited for future prospects in life and in the PR field.

I am thankful for those who have been supportive of my desire to work in PR and those who have helped me get to where I am now.

Thanks Prof. Morosoff for believing in me. 🙂

24. capriceoliver

This year I had a lot to be thankful for. I am most thankful for the opportunity to progress my education in a amazing graduate program. I moved to New Yok and started completely over with no help other than God. I feel extremely blessed to be here out living the stereotypes placed over my head when I was born. I am excited to see what more life has in store for me. I’m always thankful for the determination to succeed I was blessed with. The sky is the limit for me and I will forever be thankful for that!

25. haileyoliveri

On the students end of this, we’re grateful to have a PR professor who not only knows the PR industry but cares about the students. There are an incredible amount of benefits that exist in the PR world and that’s why I wanted to badly to switch my major. Hofstra is the perfect place to have learned PR.

26. Elaine

Of course I’m thankful my family, my parents, and my friends. However, as a PR people, I’m so thankful for my college, my teacher and my classmates and even thankful for the future partner and future company. PR practitioner should have a thankful heart because when your partner choose your plan you should say thanks and keep a thankful heart. Also, they should thanks for the competitors because them we can become a more perfect profession in PR area. The last I’m thankful for myself, and I will try my best in PR area and make a great contribution on this.

27. Dan Hanson

I am thankful for all of the opportunities I’ve been given so far at Hofstra, specifically in WRHU. Not every college kid gets to produce, engineer, and report for broadcasts for a professional sports team, let alone your favorite sports team. I’m thankful for good health, great friends, buffalo wings, and the new Dream Theater album coming out next year. Always look on the bright side of life (Cue Monty Python music).

28. Tara

This was a really sweet post! I am most thankful for my family and their support, my friends who always have my back, and the opportunities I have. I am very fortunate to be able to come to Hofstra and study PR and I know that no matter what I want in life my parents will always be there, pushing me to do my best.

29. lpardee1

This Thanksgiving I am extremely thankful for the opportunities Hofstra has given me to benefit my life and career. I have grown so much from freshman year because of this school. I have gotten the chance to study in Florence, Italy and see the world in a way I never thought I would be able to. I now live on my own in a house off campus. I get to explore one of the greatest cities in the world. But most importantly I get to have an education where I learn exactly what I wish to learn, from some of the most talented and interesting professors. I couldn’t really ask for much more.

30. hallieabish

I’m thankful for the fact that Hofstra is located so close to New York City, also known as the best city in the world in my opinion! It was definitely reassuring to see Hofstra Alumni at the networking dinner. In such a competitive job market, it is nice to see people who studied at the same college I currently attend, land such amazing jobs. I am also thankful to attend Hofstra in general because of its well regarded School of Communications.

31. Cass Lang

I’m thankful for the fact that I am connected to someone who cares so much about the PR profession. I’m also thankful that person happens to be my professor. Through class and through this blog, you expose us to a wide range of topics as well as the different aspects and exciting opportunities working in PR can bring to the table. So, thank you for that and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

32. jheiden1

I am very thankful to have the ability to pursue a career that offers such a wide variety of skills. Every day is different and exciting, which is exactly the environment I thrive in. I am also thankful for the many connections I’ve made thus far and continue to make. Overall, PR seems like a great path to travel down.

33. Awoolman13

First and foremost I am thankful for my family, my friends, and my good health. Without those three I don’t know where I would be and I most certainly would not be the young man I am today. In regards to my aspiring career, I am thankful to go to a university where my professors have deep experience in their respective fields and are passing what they have learned on to me. I am lucky to be at a university where the professors do a great job of preparing me for the real world.

34. jhlabella

LOVED THIS POST Professor Morosoff! As I approach my last semester at Hofstra University, I have to say I am thankful for the education this University has provided me. The professors and students that make up such a prestige community will forever be apart of my life. Education is something that nobody can ever take away from you, and with that I am happy to have furthered my education at Hofstra University.

35. Jack De Gilio

Of course, like many people, I am thankful for my friends and family during the holiday season. As of recently, I’ve had a lot of family in the hospital and I’m thankful that they are all alright and are hopefully going to make a speedy recovery.

However, I am also thankful that I am in a major like PR because of how much there is to do with public relations. It’s not such a specific field, but rather it’s actually very broad and I’m glad that I ended up choosing to be a PR major. Taking the fundamentals class has taught me a lot about the field and I leave the class every day feeling confident about my choice in major. I’m thankful to be at a school like Hofstra that gives tons of opportunities for their students that many of us may not have gotten at other schools.

36. Pakelody Cheam

I spent most of the break in the city, so I came across homeless people each day. It always makes me sad, but also grateful that I have an unbelievably great support system. I have friends, family, professors, and those in between who I know will push me to be successful. I don’t know the stories behind the homeless people of New York (or of anywhere, really), but I’m sure some people didn’t have others who were there for them and I’m continuously grateful for the people in my life.
    In relations to PR, of course I’m thankful that I’ve chosen a field where I could honestly work anywhere. I don’t have to stop my passion for sustainability or civic action, I can integrate it with public relations.

37. Sara Fox

As everyone else is expressing, I am also thankful for my family and friends. I had such a great break and was so happy to spend quality time relaxing with the ones I love! In addition, I am thankful to be studying public relations at Hofstra. I am realizing more and more every year that this really is a great school, especially to be studying PR at. As you have mentioned in class, other schools don’t get the opportunities that Hofstra does, thanks to our proximity to the city. Just last week I was able to step outside Enterprise and attend a networking dinner where I met several successful PR professionals and Hofstra alums who can help me in endeavours to be a successful PR practitioner! That was not only convenient, but such an awesome experience. I am truly grateful that I am studying PR at Hofstra and am excited to see where it takes me.

38. Forrest Gitlin

As I learn more about PR and how impactful it is in the modern world, I am increasingly thankful for the circumstances that led to my interest in the subject and my desire to pursue it as a career. As is the case with most people, I am always thankful for the people in my life like my family and close friends. But I am also thankful for having (and continuing to learn) some of the skills that will allow for me to communicate independently with business and possible future employers.
    I am finding that so much of PR is about general communications with people, understanding the right angle to approach someone on a subject or make a suggestion. Honing this craft will certainly help me in every facet of my life.

39. Victoria Reid

I completely agree that PR has so many unique aspects to it and that is one of the reasons that I gravitated toward it. Being a marketing major, I wanted to minor in something that could also be used in any field and one of the thing I like about PR is that you’re never limited to just one thing.

I’m incredibly thankful for my family and friends because they’ve always supported me and are there for without fail. I’m also thankful that I’m able to receive an great education at a school like Hofstra, especially when a lot of people aren’t able to attend college. Although Thanksgiving is the time that we focus on what we’re thankful for, I’m reminded of it everyday.

40. Lysa Carre

This thanksgiving I am grateful to be a student attending graduate school at Hofstra University and thankful to have a full-time job at a law firm where I have the opportunity to work with the girl who inspired me to be an attorney when I was 11 years old, and is a Hofstra law school alumni herself. I feel truly blessed to have my dreams come true in my academic and work-related fields. Throughout college I realized I have a passion for media, journalism, and business. Therefore, what better field to pursue than a Masters of Arts in Public Relations which incorporates all 3 subjects into one academic program. Although becoming a lawyer is my ultimate goal, I believe that having academic-knowledge and work-related experience in P.R will give me a nitch and strong advantage in the competitive workforce of today’s society. Public Relations is challenging and exciting! P.R involves critical thinking, planning ahead, and a great deal of writing. I hope to gain well-rounded experience academically and through a career that’ll enable me to utilize my P.R and law skills. I hope to one day become an established leader of a company or private firm with this knowledgeable background.

41. Judea Hartley

I completely agree that Thanksgiving is a time where one expresses special thanks for the many blessings that have been bestowed. I am thankful for my family, good health, my church, my friends, and lastly, the fact that I am a graduate student at Hofstra University. Hofstra was my dream school because of the program that I wanted to be apart of. Initially, I didn’t think that I would have been able to get in but I was so thankful and beyond excited when I did. I really do love my major because it does allow one to gain and execute so many different skills and duties. In other professions, the scope of practice is very stringent to that specific field. Public Relations is the only field that I know that allows one to write press releases, conduct interviews, be interviewed, conduct focus groups, conduct communication audits, and the like. It doesn’t matter if one is working at the biggest PR firm in the world or at a hospital in their neighborhood, public relations is needed. Someone must be the liaison and communication facilitator between the actual organization itself and its publics.

42. azachar1

Hi Professor Morosoff,

I thought this was such a heartfelt and warm blog post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what you are thankful for. We are so fortunate to have you as our professor!

I am very thankful for a smooth transition into graduate school and to be a part of this amazing program. I was honestly quite nervous for starting at a new school but I can say without a doubt I made the right choice attending Hofstra. In the short semester I have been here I have met so many wonderful people and have learned a great deal about PR and the skill sets I will need once I enter the field. I am extremely grateful for my family and friends who helped me during this transition and for the professors in the M.A. in PR program for their hard work.

I am also very thankful for my health and the health of everyone who has made an impact in my life. My dad always says “If you have your health you have everything.” This is a mentality I take take to heart. My friend from college was diagnosed at the age of 22 with ovarian cancer over this past summer. This devastating news reminded me that good health is not a given and is something we should all be thankful for.

43. boxofficesam

I’m thankful for my good health and the good health of those around me. I’m thankful for all that I have that not everyone is lucky enough to have. I’m thankful for all my loved ones and friends who continue to support me and just make my life better.

44. Emily DiLaura

Enough cannot be said about how great PR really is. It may be new to most people, but every time I explain to my family what Public Relations is they always say “Oh! Everyone needs that,” and its true. PR is such a flexible and welcoming career that inspires creativity and drive in the professionals that work in it. I am grateful for such a chance to use my creativity in a work environment. Otherwise, I am thankful for my small but big hearted family, my pets, my friends, Hofstra and life in general. We are all so lucky to be here living a life that offers such opportunity.

45. Abby Drapeau

I’m so thankful for my friends and family who support me in everything I do. I think the best part about PR is that you can apply it to any passion in your life, if you like NASCAR you can do their PR, if you like education you can do PR for a school district. It gives you a freedom that a lot of other careers can’t offer.

46. Lindsey

Apart from being thankful for my friends and family and all the love in my life, I am definitely thankful for PR. The more I learn about it the more excited I am to see where my career may take me. PR is a great field with endless opportunities to learn more, something I plan to never stop doing.

47. cdano1

I used to work with Annik at the bookstore and we knew each other through the PR program at Hofstra. All of the reasons that she loves PR hold true for me as well. It’s an exciting, creative industry that allows you to experience so much. For me, it is the perfect combination of business and creative thought.

48. thesimplemind1

I was always interested in Public Relations thanks to my love for the show, Sex and the City. But I am so happy I have been able to learn so much more about the profession. And that all comes back to the amazing professors I have had. Every one of them has been knowledgeable in their own way, and it just shows how diverse this field is. Hearing from all the Alumni at the dinner was so inspiring and encouraging. Each day we are told how hard it is to find jobs and how we should be worried, but seeing all this success makes me more confident than ever. I know it won’t be an easy ride, but I am passionate and I have the skills thanks to the education I received at Hofstra. I’m very excited to step out into the PR world.

Chelsey Fuller

49. Emily Walsh

Every day I reflect on how lucky I am to not only be able to work in a field that I love, but to go to a university that gives me opportunities to thrive. I have been given many professors, classes and internships that I wouldn’t have had at any other school. Hofstra is full of amazing people, connections, and jobs that prepare me for the real world. I am forever thankful to Hofstra for helping me fall in love with PR. PR provides a chance to be involved with many jobs in many fields all around the world. Wherever you go, PR follows.

I am also extremely thankful for my family who allows me to follow my dreams while I’m at school.

50. Sarah

I do agree, public relations is a field with endless opportunities and getting the opportunity to study this field at Hofstra is great. This is my first public relations class in the major and I am so thankful that I was able to have a professor like Professor Morosoff to break the ice and reassure my love for the field. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because besides the delicious food, it gives me time to reflect and be grateful for the beautiful life I have. This year I am grateful for a couple of things, I am extremely grateful for my family having another year of good health. I am also thankful for my supportive parents always telling me to never give up.

51. Alexis Carfagno

One thing that I love about the PR profession is how diverse it is. As you mentioned, there are so many things a PR professional is able to do from writing press releases to pitching journalists and planning for events. I found it very interesting that right now I am currently taking a “Fundamentals of Public Relations” class and everything we are learning in the class I already can see in the work I do outside of school as well as when I went to the PRSSA dinner. One thing many of the PR professionals stated during the dinner is that their favorite thing about their job is how they can come in to work and do something completely different each day. I love that about the PR profession – how each day is almost like an exciting mystery but you are working at the same time!

52. Jeff Lansky

I am a journalism major and this class has been my first experience with PR. I have gained a lot of respect for the PR profession because of all that goes into the job. I enjoyed creating a company and writing fact sheets, backgrounders, press releases, and a pitch letter for it. I believe that I can use some of the skills that I have learned in this class in the future.
    I am thankful for my family for always supporting me in everything that I do. Without them I would not be where am I today.

53. Dale Ciampa

I do agree that public relations is a field that has many unique tasks. What stood out to me the most in this blog post was your thankfulness in finding past and current students succeed. I think seeing someone learn and evolve based off of your teachings is very rewarding. This year i am thankful that throughout my public relations work at Hofstra University I have been able to learn more about myself and the field. The program has taught me things i was unaware of before entering the classroom. I am thankful that now I have a better perspective of different fields within public relations. I am also thankful the program has shown me what i can do to improve my studies and work, especially within writing. I am grateful this program works with students and does not discourage students. As we are learning i think that is very important for a college to offer. All of the opportunities the program offers has only sculpted me into a better student.

54. ChloeLauraDale

The fact that public relations is such a broad and growing field is what makes studying PR so worthwhile. The skills we pick up along the way are easily transferred into many different jobs, which will hopefully help with employment after graduation.

I’m thankful for my extremely supportive family back home who have always been there for me. I’m equally as thankful for all the wonderful people I have met during my time in America so far. I’ve met people who are now like my second family and they’ve shown me what thanksgiving is all about. Wherever I end up, I will continue to celebrate this special holiday and remember all the incredible people I’ve met and the experiences I have picked up along the way.

55. Marc Roessle

Even though I am not a PR major, through this class, I have seen how great the field of work is in PR. There are so many different aspects and so many different things that one can do with PR. I’m thankful for being raised in a good household with good parents. I am thankful for the opportunity to get my education at Hofstra University because I know, down the road, it will lead me to a place I want to be.

56. audrathorsen

The many benefits you listed about PR and the different opportunities you get to experience and gain as a PR practitioner are all reasons why I chose my major to be PR. I loved the idea of being able to do so many different things and go into many different fields, the opportunities are endless. I’m thankful for having the chance to gain an education at Hofstra University with such a well renowned PR reputation. I truly feel like I can succeed at Hofstra with the great professors and resources I am able to access.