Posted Below are Career Opportunities for Recent Graduates:
Long Island Wins: Online Editor
Long Island Wins is a non-profit communications organization focusing on immigration issues on Long Island and beyond.
The online editor coordinates and produces content for a website devoted to immigration news. The online editor will have knowledge of/interest in Long Island-based immigration/social justice issues, strong English-language writing/editing/reporting skills, knowledge of html, content-management systems, social media fluency, overall multimedia skills (shoot/edit video, audio, photos) and project management. He/she will also manage a bench of freelance reporters and bloggers. The online editor reports to the executive director.
- Oversee website content and management.
- Write, edit and proofread web content
- Post photos, videos, live streaming.
- Recruit and manage a diverse bench of freelance reporters and bloggers.
- Create, curate and promote published content using social media.
- Fluency in social media applications; knowledge of Google analytics.
- Manage press outreach for organization’s events and breaking news.
- Excellent investigative reporting, writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of video, audio, and photo storytelling and multimedia editing.
- Ability to travel on Long Island, including a reliable car and valid drivers license.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Professional experience in journalism or communications.
- Spanish-language skills a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of immigration issues.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive with other non-profits and includes health, dental and vision benefits. Please email a cover letter, resume, and three published print or video samples with at least one print sample to email@example.com.
CooperKatz, an independent, award-winning PR agency, is looking for two Account Coordinators to join our team. We are seeking dynamic individuals who brings enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
As an AC, you will play a key role on a range of engaging accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. We have been honored as one of the Best Agencies to Work For by industry publication, The Holmes Report and also named by Crain’s New York Business as one of the best places to work in New York City.
We are a true generalist agency and our employees have the opportunity to work for a variety of exciting clients. We value individuals, work-life balance and an empowered, collaborative culture.
The AC position requires prior public relations internship experience or one year of agency / in-house experience. Candidates must have strong writing skills, some experience with media relations and familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution. The individuals hired will work across multiple industry sectors, so they must have the ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business.
Please specify the position you are applying for in your cover letter. Email your cover letter and resume to Jenni Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are 6- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. Fellows contribute to client projects while rotating among account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors.
How to become a Fellow:
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing, advertising or creative services
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media.
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- A strong career interest in communications or creative services
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity
* Applicants for creative fellowships should also demonstrate skills and proficiency in their area of interest (design, video, social content, digital, copywriting, etc.)
To apply, please visit our website at http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/scholarships-fellowships/
Imagine Global Communications
We are looking to add a curious, well-traveled and outgoing Senior Account Executive with 2-3 years of experience in Luxury/Travel/Hospitality PR to our growing team. MUST HAVE AGENCY EXPERIENCE. This job is full-time and located in New York, NY.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Has existing media relationships
- Has Travel and/or Hospitality PR experience; Lifestyle experience a plus
- Has press contacts at New York City and national publications & broadcast outlets
- Is detail oriented and has impeccable writing
- Works well in a team environment
- Is a creative thinker
- And loves to travel and have fun
Duties will include:
- Serving as daily contact with media and clients.
- Pro active story pitching.
- Writing press releases.
- Arranging interviews and desk-side appointments.
- Coordinating and hosting press trips.
- Working on strategic and creative client initiatives.
- Strategic planning and counseling.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
Apply through linkedin or by emailing email@example.com
Stony Brook University
Interim Media Relations Manager
Start date: Thursday, December 15, 2016 – Friday, May 26, 2017
Description: Reporting to the Media Relations Officer in the Department of Communications and Marketing, the Interim Media Relations Manager’s role is to support the University’s brand identity using communications strategies including reporting and dissemination of information to the news media that elevates the University’s brand pillars.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research, write and edit news releases, tips sheets, media alerts and pitches to secure regional, national/international earned media coverage for the University, its faculty and students.
- Develop and oversee an “editorial calendar” of story opportunities, and monitor and act upon media outlets’ known editorial opportunities (e.g., special story focuses, awards, accolades, experts’ opportunities, op-ed and speaking opportunities, etc.)
- Book faculty experts for broadcast interviews in print, broadcast, digital media outlets, and in the University’s In The Know studio.
- Capture multimedia assets (i.e. video sound bites, behind the scenes photos, etc.) that will help elevate media and social coverage.
- Amplification of earned media coverage through use of PESO model and other resources.
- Monitor and post strategic content to the Stony Brook Newsroom and share on social media platform including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Actively and strategically engage key reporters via twitter and other social media outlets
- Stay current with public relations, media relations, and social media trends, issues and opportunities, and serve as a valued resource to the media relations team.
- Serve as primary contact for student media.
- Work with University-wide communications colleagues to identify news developments/opportunities.
- Monitor social media for proactive and reactive news distribution and response
- Oversee and update University’s Experts web page with new profiles, trends, media coverage, etc.
- Prepare/media train experts as needed (e.g., backgrounders, key messages, interview coaching, etc.)
- Participate in on-call media relations rotation
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or English. Three-to-five years of full time public/media relations experience. Proven track record working with print, digital and broadcast news media to facilitate news coverage of client/employer. Experience with social media platforms and content amplification. Existing proven working relationships with print, broadcast, and digital reporters, and bloggers. Exemplary writing, editing, presentation and copy editing skills; proficient in AP style. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Experience in higher education media relations or higher education reporting for an accredited publication. Agency experience a plus.
Salary: $6,000 monthly (gross)
If you are interested in applying, send your resume directly to Alida Amonte firstname.lastname@example.org.
Van Zwam LLC
New York and surrounding suburbs
Van Zwam LLC, a division of Rand Diamond has brought to market a breakthrough investment asset. Defined Value Diamonds (DVDs). The breakthough is the brainchild of president, Sean Cohen.
Rough diamonds are polished to GIA’s highest standard “Triple Excellent” and then go through a GIA certification (documenting each diamonds value characteristics), as well as a Gemprint process (virtual fingerprinting).
Van Zwam laboratories then re-inspects each diamond to confirm that it represents the higher side of GIAs grades. This is to ensure that when a time comes to resell that there can be no question or objectivity about the value of the diamonds.
Professionals assess diamond values using the weekly Rapaport Diamond Report, the global standard for diamond valuation. Additionally, to be a DVD the stones are selected to be of the colors, clarity, shape, and sizes most in demand for engagement purposes. This makes them highly liquid and easily resalable in the wholesale diamond market (professional buyers). The public (individual investors) buy at the same price that high-end retailers pay for the same diamonds — the PTP, generally 15-25% below the Rapaport pricing index and 45-60% less than the cost of the same diamond in jewelry.
Diamonds have not been percieved as a good commodity investment by most in the past due to losses in jewelry resales, subjectivity in valuation, and the knowledge required. The very wealthy, with professional consultants are now putting very large ($250,000. and up) colored diamonds in their portfolios. Defined Value Diamonds was created to make investing in diamonds foolproof, and easy to understand, buy and sell.
Diamonds of DVD quality have grown 5% annually year over year for the past ten years. It takes ten years to start a diamond mine and there are non planned at this time. New diamond availability is slowing as global demand is accelerating. A word of note is that diamonds when compared to commodities like gold are extremely stable, value swings are moderate and investment-grade diamonds do not generally see drops in value. This makes diamonds a very stable, compact, portable and discreet addition to anyone’s portfolio. Also, unlike paper investments, including gold ETFs which are only backed by 10% of actual gold, when you buy a DVD you physically possess it. You hold it in the palm of your hand. DVDs are beautiful to look at. You can set DVD diamonds in jewelry without altering their value. You can gift them to spouses, children, grandchildren. (DVDs initial customers acquired numerous discs as trusts for their grandchildren.)
DVD discs can be made from as low as $1,000. to $500,000 and more. An investor may also collect as many DVDs as he/she chooses.
The DVD website is available for review at https://www.dvddiamonds.
Van Zwam is currently running Adwords campaigns and remarketing on Google, some small local and national print ads as well as paid media on one investor news website. One press release was distributed to announce the company launch.
PR may be our wisest marketing approach.
The job is to communicate this breakthrough in investing to the media community, develop media relations, write and pitch articles.
We believe that with the responsibility of creating a market for this product and educating the public is a requirement. Third party endorsement will be critical to developing trust in the company and understanding the asset… let alone lead generation.
We seek an independent PR professional to work on a retainer basis to help establish this brand and build our marketplace. You must have both financial services and some diamond/gemstone knowledge and experience.
DVD has begun with a limited marketing budget to be funded based on results. To that point diamond cutters/polishers who sell to the wholesale marketplace must sell volume. The margin is 4-5% as opposed to jewelers who commonly realize 45-65% markups.
We are soliciting proposals for this opportunity.
Please provide a resume including relevant experience and accomplishments and outline the services you believe are most critical upfront. Please provide an itemized estimate of monthly costs for providing these services.
This position is for our Islandia, NY office.
Driven Local is looking for a Social Media Account Analyst. This position demands high level project management, self-motivation and creativity. The candidate will be responsible for creating social content, managing multiple campaigns, tracking performance, as well as engaging with different audiences on a variety of social media platforms. The ideal candidate has a background and comprehensive understanding of social media and digital marketing. The Social Media Account Analyst will report to a Senior Social Media Account Analyst and collaborate with others on the team to further develop campaigns.
- Drafting content and editorial calendars monthly for client review
- Executing social media strategy across relevant social media channels to build audience
- Publishing and managing daily social content across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. as well as writing and publishing a high volume of unique blogs each month
- Helping develop a brand voice for each client, as well as improving the campaign strategy based on real-time data and feedback
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent writing abilities
- Ability to exercise good judgment with capable organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with search engine optimization and writing with keywords a plus
- Previous experience managing social media campaigns a plus
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (Canva, Photoshop, etc) a plus
We offer competitive compensation perks including: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, 401k after 1 Year, PTO, Holidays, Company Events, Free Stocked Kitchen.
Interested in this position? Send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to attach your resume, submit a writing sample and a 140 character (or less) description of yourself along with your application.
Genser Dubow Genser & Cona
Genser Dubow Genser & Cona (GDGC), a cutting edge, dynamic Elder Law and Trusts & Estates firm seeks a recent college graduate or a marketing associate with 1-2 years’ experience to join our team.
You will get an opportunity to learn and grow with a great firm. You will hone your skills and learn new skills for growth and promotion while helping market and position the firm for growth. Opportunities abound to learn more and earn more. You will make an impact on the job and in the community at GDGC.
Staff members “own” their positions at GDGC and are 100% responsible for their own work. You will have extensive client contact and represent the firm outside of the office. You will have autonomy and independence while being part of a collaborative team.
- All aspects of marketing, including to consumers as well as B to B
- Coordinate and assist with public relations
- Blog writing and posting
- Website updates and management
- Seminar/conference planning and coordination
- Social Media postings and management
- Coordinate and plan charitable events and volunteer work
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Choice of health plans with employer contribution
- Pension plan
- 401(k) plan with employer profit sharing
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedules
- Work/life balance
- State-of-the art gym with free membership
- Charitable events and community involvement
- Paid time for employer-sponsored volunteer work
- Social events
D. Pagan Communications is a full service creative and innovative agency dedicated to providing exceptional public relations, advertising and marketing services to clients worldwide. DPC’s elite standing in the broadcast, pro audio, music & recording, video production and post industry is derived from its specialized client services and its teams expertise and knowledge of the markets, originating from diversified backgrounds in public relations/marketing and journalism. The company’s integration of strategy, vision and experience has been producing winning results for clients for nearly 20 years.
D. Pagan is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. Duties and requirements found below:
General administrative tasks; answer phones in accordance with company procedure; distribute and post press releases to trade media and online web sites; coordinate international and domestic travel arrangements for company employees and press tours; manage vendor agreements, including researching any possible new arrangements; transcribe interview tapes/digital files; contact editors of trade magazines and trade show coordinators for media kits, magazine subscriptions, press lists and various other information; organize and maintain press show documents and coordinate shipment of press kits to trade shows; create print and digital clipbooks; create client media coverage reports; manage the PR distribution service account and work with the distribution service to maintain optimal performance, including overseeing the maintenance of client/tradeshow lists and the creation of templates; assist Account Executives, Account Managers and President with any special projects.
Admins should be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point) and Microsoft Outlook. Photoshop is a plus. They should have sufficient internet research skills, be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and maintain organization of the office.
Email a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Waldorf School of Garden City
The Waldorf School of Garden City seeks a motivated, team player to join our community as an entry-level Communications Associate. The Communications Associate will report to the Communications Director and will support all aspects of communications throughout the School community, including dissemination of information to appropriate community members via: social media, print and online publications, advertising, e-notify system and our website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and produce content for several social media platforms.
- Strong computer skills including experience and comfort with utilizing databases.
- Strong fluency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellence in writing, editing and proofing.
- Meticulous attention to the accuracy and visual presentation of all communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and collaborate with colleagues on a daily basis.
- Initiative, sound judgment, and ability to respond calmly and resourcefully in an
environment with shifting priorities.
- Ease with accommodating multiple requests and competing priorities.
- Some graphic design with Adobe CS experience is preferred.
- Some proficiency working with WordPress preferred.
- Manage, produce content for and promote events through all social media platforms.
- Monitor online opportunities for marketing purposes.
- Edit print publications such as; forms, handbooks, newsletters, flyers
- Maintain and update database information, calendars, distribution lists, rosters
- Send various e-notify messages to community.
- General photography and event support as needed.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should send a resume, (2) professional references, a short writing sample and a letter of interest to: Kathy Bossuk at Bossukk@waldorfgarden.org.
To learn more about the Waldorf School of Garden City visit our website: www.waldorfgarden.org.
Overview: An account coordinator at Spong literally lives the definition of the word “coordination” – The organization of the different elements of an activity so as to enable them to work together effectively. Our account coordinators are extraordinary, flexible and curious team members that support the team in serving clients on a daily basis. While every day is not the same, responsibilities include – but are not limited to – participating in idea generation to delight clients, conducting research, developing status reports, meeting planning and coordination, writing conference reports and assisting in writing plans that are not bland and ordinary. And maybe some espressos and a trip to the candy bowl.
- Conducts research to help determine appropriate plan approach
- Understands client’s products, services and methods of operation; gains working knowledge of the industry category, trends and issues
- Helps gather information for writing plan elements as directed by team leader
- Prepares regular status reports, account plans, conference reports
- Communicates regularly with account team regarding account and project status
- Ensures deliverables are “best of breed,” creative, accurate, free of errors/ omissions
- Maintains electronic record of all directions, work orders, decisions, recommendations etc.; produces timely, accurate conference reports following telephone and in-person meetings
- Conducts and participates in media relations and social media efforts including media list development, earned media or social research, potential pitching, writing releases or social content
- Assists in scheduling meetings, securing conference rooms and meeting prep
- Maintains filing system (online and offline) to ensure organized, up-to-date files
- Providing key information to project management for the Work Flow system
- Targeted productivity is 100% productivity per week (not including professional development time)
- Participates in community service activities and professional organizations
- Successfully completes the Spong HeadRush™ program on an annual basis
- • Conducts various administrative duties including, but not limited to, completing timesheets, attending regular staff meetings and helping to produce award entries
Required qualifications, experience and knowledge
1. Education: a. A bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a closely-related field
2. Skills and experience: a. A solid history of agency internships, but a minimum of 1 year of public relations or relevant work experience in one of the following areas is preferred: prior agency, communications or media
For more information, please email email@example.com
Full-time social media/junior account coordinator
Long Island-based public relations agency KTCpr specializes in hospitality, travel and tourism.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Four year undergraduate degree in the communications/public relations field
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities as well as project management, organization and leadership skills
- Savvy user of social media, including: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing digital strategies (online, social, mobile) that support existing branding and marketing efforts for clients
- Working knowledge of social media management software (such as Hootsuite)
- Available to travel (candidate is responsible for obtaining a valid passport)
- Motivated to learn, contribute ideas and work with a core team
- Preferred: Experience with CisionPoint media list management software
Ten paid holidays per calendar year, accrued vacation and personal days, travel opportunities, health insurance contributions (after three months of employment), convenient location in Rockville Centre and walking distance to LIRR.
Send cover letter and resume to: Theresa Oakes, Senior Accounts Supervisor, T.Oakes@KTCpr.com.
Museum of Arts and Design
The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) seeks a Communications Manager to help strategize and implement all outreach initiatives and external communications for the Museum. Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer and working closely with the Curatorial, Education, Development, Exhibitions and Special Events departments, the Communications Manager project manages and/or supports all efforts related to Press Relations, Marketing, Social Media, Digital Communications, Advertising and Promotional Partnerships, in order to creatively promote MAD’s exhibitions, educational and public programs, special events and initiatives, and ensure consistent messaging and positioning for the institution across all platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as press liaison, coordinating interviews, tours, online press room, print and digital requests, and press previews.
- Research and draft press releases, oversee distribution to press lists, and facilitate subsequent inquiries and requests. Oversee weekly listings outreach.
- In coordination with the Museum’s external PR agency, pitch stories and oversee targeted outreach.
- Manage all press events including outreach, invitations, facilities logistics, press kits. Coordinate and oversee all on-site filming and photography.
- Maintain and update press section of the website, including high-resolution image database and online press room. Maintain media contact database (Consolidate and update contact lists; Research specific media contacts and outlets for upcoming exhibitions and programs.)
- Collaborate with curatorial, public programs, and education teams to fulfill communications and outreach goals, establishing monthly outreach calendar.
- Provide monthly press coverage reports for staff and board of directors. Prepare final media outreach reports for curators, trustees, funders and other partners.
Marketing, Promotional Partnerships and Advertising
- With Chief Communications Officer and Lead Designer, maintain advertising calendar and manage production and distribution of print marketing materials (exhibition rack cards, brochures, promotional collaterals).
- Maintain key marketing partnerships and cross-promotional initiatives with other cultural institutions, local partners and tourism organizations to help increase visitation and membership.
- Provide writing and editing support for all external content and communications pieces (press releases, media alerts, website content, marketing collaterals, digital communications.)
Digital Communications and Social Media
- Develop creative social media campaigns for exhibitions, programs and general institutional initiatives; Maintain content calendar for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Manage workflow and oversee all digital mailings for the museum, including monthly newsletters and weekly cross-departmental e-blasts.
- Create, track and report on metrics to evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives. (Manage Google Ad Words and analytics, Hootsuite evaluation metrics and Mailchimp tools.)
- Support all website and online initiatives.
- Track budget and expenses.
- Recruit and manage Communications interns.
- Interact with the arts and design community and institutional partners as Museum advocate.
The ideal candidate will be a poised, collaborative and creative individual, with stellar project management and communication skills, eager to learn and grow with the institution at an exciting period of its history. Significant PR and Marketing experience is preferred. Interest in the cultural field is essential.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. The Museum of Arts and Design is an equal-opportunity employer.
Junior Account Executive
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate who wants to start his/her public relations career in a highly creative and professional setting. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a desire to learn are pre-requisites for this job. Public Relations Students Society of America involvement and/or public relations internships are a plus.
Legend was built on the foundation of 25 years of big agency experience with a contemporary, boutique approach to PR. You can check out our website here: http://legendpr.com. Our clients include Dole Packaged Foods, Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bagels and Ferrara Candy Co. (Brach’s, Lemonheads, Trolli, etc).
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to Kimberly Caro at KCaro@legendpr.com
Full Time Intern
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the Account Manager. S/he will work closely with and support the needs of the account teams.
- Basic understanding of principles of PR
- Basic understanding of clients’ business
- Participation in brainstorms when invited by the Account Manager
- Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
- Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
- Pitch the media under the direction of the Account Manager
- Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
- Update media lists
- Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
- Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the Account Manager
- Conduct and compile research
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (i.e.Factiva, Bloomberg)
- Track features, awards, events, and speaking opportunities for clients, as outlined within the PR plan
Press and Media Relations
- Proactively identify coverage opportunities for clients in relevant media.
- Take an avid interest in, and keep up-to-date with all relevant media – including key contacts, titles, audience and circulation – and keep abreast of current affairs to ensure client media pitches and storylines are topical and relevant in a wider context
- Make time to read all relevant publications, both printed and online – including blogs and social media.
- Manage press lists and forward features tracking to ensure all relevant media and contacts are up to date, facilitate timely and accurate distribution of press releases and other client collateral, and ensure that no relevant media opportunities are missed.
- Serve the media to the highest professional standards, nurturing strong relationships with journalists, and securing coverage for clients.
- Contribute to Aspectus PR’s blog under the direct supervision of Account Manager
- Keep personal Aspectus Twitter handle regularly updated.
- Engage in Aspectus PR’s Buddy Scheme to cultivate communication across different areas of the business, and actively participate in the culture of Aspectus PR.
This is a paid full time internship so they are looking for post grad students or students who are about to graduate in December. If interested, please contact the head of HR, Jennifer Doig at email@example.com
Account Coordinator (B2B Tech, Public Relations)
Access NY is currently looking for an Account Coordinator to join our growing office. The ideal candidate should have experience completing tactical duties as part of day-to-day account activity, pitching and achieving editorial placements, assisting with event/tour logistics and production of collateral materials.
- Draft written materials including press releases, pitch letters and articles
- Monitor media and report trends to team
- Assist with media outreach to secure media placements
- Complete online research to support client projects
- Assist with event and tour coordination and logistics
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A total of one year experience in public relations, marketing, business, communication or a related industry required
- Agency experience preferred
To apply, please send a copy of your resume accompanied by a cover letter explain how your experience would make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Click link below to apply.
NYC Department of Design and Construction
Looking For: Junior Public Information Officer
- Experience in public relations, preferably a previous internship
- Assisting with pitching to the media
- conducting research
- organizing and drafting speeches
- assisting with groundbreakings and ribbon cuttings
Here is the link to apply with the job code ID #206429: http://www.nyc.gov/jobs
30-30 Thomson Avenue, LIC, NY
- Love for communication and media
- Passion for writing
- Clear understanding of PR process
- Able to work with a team
- Ambitious and persistent
Account Executive (Consumer Tech)
- 12 months of PR experience
- Love of consumer technology
- Range of media contacts
- Understanding of social media tactics
- Passion for creativity
Diffusion is an integrated communication agency. Our consultants use the power of storytelling, conversation and recommendation to help brands connect with audiences intellectually and emotionally. We use our creativity across traditional and social media to deliver campaigns that empower, engage and persuade. And always with an absolute focus on measurable business results.
Learn more and apply here: http://diffusionpr.us/blog/2015/08/27/hiring-account-executive-and-account-coordinator/
Now+Zen Public Relations
Public Relations Assistant
ABOUT NOW+ZEN PUBLIC RELATIONS:
Now + Zen Public Relations is a boutique marketing communications agency that develops and manages multi-platform strategies to build and expand brand awareness and increase sales for our clients. We help our clients achieve their marketing goals through a cohesive strategy employing traditional PR, product placement in TV, film and radio, celebrity adoption, charitable tie-ins, online marketing, promotional programs and non-traditional brand awareness plans.
One of the hallmarks of our agency is client service. We pride ourselves on getting a thorough understanding of our clients goals, listening to their needs and executing a superior strategy, far exceeding their original goals.
Our current staff includes over 75 years of combined experience in the areas of marketing, public relations, sales, distribution, fashion and beauty. Our diverse experience base adds value to our client relationships, because we are able to identify opportunities where they can fully maximize their assets.
- Client Relations Skills
- Must be savvy in building and managing media lists and contact databases
- Thorough knowledge of current events, pop culture and entertainment industries; must be able to identify celebrities and pop culture trends
- Must be extremely organized with a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to perform and multitask effectively within a fast-paced, multi-priority setting and under strict deadlines
- Self-starter as well as a team player
- Social Media savvy
- Solid writing skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have previous PR internship experience
- Manage daily account activities: agendas, re-caps, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for clients
- Proactively pitch targeted media outlets including broadcast, print and new media
- Update and monitor clients’ social media pages daily
- Press Kit mailing compilation and execution.
APPLY: EMAIL RESUMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25-year-old boutique public relations agency
Location: Rockville Centre
Job Description: Write press releases and pitch letters, manage media database, create and implement social media strategies for client accounts and coordinate details of promotions, special events and projects.
Experience Required: Strong writing and organizational skills, knowledge of social media outlets and a degree in public relations and/or communications from an accredited university/college.
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail to the following:
Senior Accounts Supervisor