Posted Below are New York Career Opportunities for Recent Graduates
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,700 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in a cultural hub with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with an esteemed faculty of accomplished professionals and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
The Social Media Coordinator at Pratt Institute is responsible for developing, executing, and monitoring social media strategies that are designed to increase the visibility of the institute. The Social Media Coordinator promotes timely content informed by press initiatives, e-newsletters, video content, institutional news, events, and exhibitions through the Institute’s electronic platforms. The position requires previous experience with social media on behalf of a higher educational institution.
- Develop, execute, and monitor the Institute’s overall social media strategies, campaigns, and day-to-day activities.
- Draft, update, and enforce appropriate policies and procedures regarding Pratt’s social media program; provide social media support to members of the Pratt community as requested.
- Collaborate with colleagues and faculty to promote ongoing press, editorial, and video efforts across the department as well as broadcast student and faculty accomplishments and institutional news.
- Maintain institutional voice across all social media platforms and adhere to Pratt messaging guidelines.
- Prepare monthly updates bench marking effectiveness of outreach across the Institute’s social media streams and interpret analytics to provide insights.
- Research and respond to all social media inquiries in a timely fashion and serve as an advocate of Pratt in social media spaces.
- Monitor and stay apprised of trends in social media tools, trends, and applications using data to inform and shape future strategies.
- Educate members of the Pratt community about strategic benefits of social media opportunities.
- Assist with media relations activities as needed.
- Attend and assist with social events and public programs.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Provide ongoing administrative and editorial support as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with social media, preferably on behalf of an educational institution, required.
- Copywriting, editorial, and online marketing experience a plus.
- Must have a track record in delivering timely, accurate work along with demonstrating good follow-through.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (i.e., Twitter, Facebook (Facebook Live), Instagram (Instagram Stories), LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.) and how they can be leveraged to raise Pratt’s profile as a leader in higher education and a cultural hub in New York City.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to prioritize and work independently required.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and ability to build and maintain relationships essential.
- Must have good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly; superior time management skills; and strong commitment to adhering to consistent messaging and brand guidelines.
Must be able to generate ideas and work with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong collaborator and team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other offices and departments when necessary.
- Experience with Hootsuite, Klout, and Sprout Social strongly preferred.
- Project management skills also a plus.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse, as well as demonstrate inter-cultural competence with an understanding of the dynamics of diversity in higher education.
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Job posting added 10/9/17.
The assistant account executive is responsible for supporting account teams in daily activities. S/he will learn Edelman’s various consulting processes/approaches, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises, and support account teams in the execution of these processes for clients. Expected competencies include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social media industry and basic principles of community engagement
- Understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling conversational monitoring reports and competitor coverage, scheduling and logistics
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials, specifically content calendars for Facebook and Twitter
- Assist with research including analysis of online conversations
Coordinate projects and events including inviting influencers, attending events, and preparing reports
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Gather.com,YouTube, etc.
- Contribute to the performance appraisal process for peers, managers and interns
- Supervise interns/ trainees
- Understand internal operations and inter-team cooperation
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your tactical skills by attending Edelman University classes and seeking other training, including on-the-job training and mentoring
- Participate in the new business process including research, audits and preparation of proposals
Financial Planning and Management:
- Understand account budget parameters and over-servicing
- Provide administrative support for team
- Record and submit time, expenses and POs to the right project codes on a timely basis – ideally daily, but no later than weekly
- Notify supervisor of any potential cost overruns
- Follow all Edelman financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Live “in color” by exploring and being active in the world outside of work, including the arts, culture, politics, literature, charitable organizations and/or other personal passions
Product Capability and Development:
- Learn about Edelman’s various capabilities and contribute ideas when appropriate about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Aid in the implementation of new capabilities
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends
This is an entry-level account position. An assistant account executive will possess good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
S/he will have excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he will have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, general office logistics and will pass a writing test. S/he will have an interest in pursuing a career in social media. S/he must have a strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work to his/her team and clients. Previous internship experience in the communications field and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Job listing added 10/9/17.
New York Sea Grant
Freelance Publicist in NY’s Marine District
New York Sea Grant (NYSG) is seeking to engage a freelance publicist to cover the coastal extension, education and research efforts it funds in New York’s marine waters (those of Long Island, New York City and the Hudson River).
This Marine District freelance publicist would complement the efforts of someone who works in this capacity for NYSG in New York’s Great Lakes region. As in that position, the work will include:
- Development, distribution and tracking of press releases describing NYSG activities
- Soliciting and facilitating media interviews as appropriate and mutually agreed for specific NYSG projects / activities.
A comprehensive 50-page media directory will be provided, Fair Media Council’s New York / New Jersey Publicity Guide & Media Directory (an e-version via Kindle/Kindle app). The consultant will revise and expand upon the contacts provided for various contacts (eg., TV, radio, online/blogs, newspapers, magazines) on an as-needed basis.
Work assignments will be made by NYSG’s Communications Manager. These will be determined through pitch sessions with the program’s various specialists in the marine district, who currently include: several at Stony Brook University, including one each in coastal processes, Long Island Sound education, seafood safety and fisheries; A Jamaica Bay coastal resilience specialist based at Brooklyn College; and a Hudson Estuary specialist in Kingston, NY. Topics therein could include: community coastal stewardship activities or related teacher trainings, rip currents awareness, climate forums and podcasts, public access issues at local beaches and parks, best management practices for marina owners, education campaigns and workshops or trainings for fishermen and outreach on FDA-mandated safety regulations for seafood processers.
- It is most likely that these assignments will be determined on a quarterly basis through conference calls and then adjusted as needed.
- Assignments will be set by NYSG and discussed with the consultant with the expectation of meeting certain deadlines.
- A review process on all documents will require NYSG approval sign-off before public/media distribution.NYSG is prepared to pay up to $15,000 annually for services provided by the Marine District publicist.
- This maximum would cover any and all of the consultant’s incurred costs (eg. billable hours, materials, mileage).
- The consultant will provide numbered invoices monthly, showing consultant name, hours billed, fees and other associated charged for this period. Billable hours would be displayed in a chart form with columns detailing delivery date, project name/description and amount billed. The amount billed for all work that month would then be totaled at the end of this chart.
New York Sea Grant, a cooperative program of Cornell University and the State University of New York, is one of 33 university-based programs under the National Sea Grant College Program (NSGCP) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NSGCP engages this network of the nation’s top universities in conducting scientific research, education, training and extension projects designed to foster science-based decisions about the use and conservation of our aquatic resources. Through its statewide network of integrated services, NYSG has been promoting coastal vitality, environmental sustainability, and citizen awareness about the State’s marine and Great Lakes resources since 1971. NYSG’s Main Office is on the campus of Stony Brook University and the Marine District publicist will be officially engaged as a consultant by SUNY and/or the Research Foundation for SUNY on
More at www.nyseagrant.org.
Contact: Paul C. Focazio, Interim Communications Manager, New York Sea Grant
Listing added on 10/2/17.
Weber Shandwick’s Crisis Communications & Corporate Issues Management Practice helps leading organizations develop the internal culture and infrastructure needed to anticipate, prepare and manage issues and negative events affecting reputation. The team’s crisis experts have been involved in preparing for and responding to some of the most visible political and corporate crises. Whether it is a program affecting internal stakeholders or an external effort to protect or defend an organization’s reputation, Weber Shandwick brings a strong strategic perspective founded on international experience, understanding and insight.
The team’s crisis experts have worked with the world’s leading companies and been involved in preparing for and responding to a broad range of crises, including social media and reputational crises, financial issues, litigation, product recalls, activist campaigns, governmental investigations and enforcement actions, environmental issues, workplace incidents, and labor relations.
The ideal candidate will possess incredibly strong writing skills and familiarity with a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. He or she will be intimately familiar with current events and news trends and comfortable providing analysis. Familiarity with social media and digital communications is a requisite, along with a strong academic record and a demonstrated interest in communications and issues management. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have meticulous attention to detail and able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Conduct research for specific projects and prepare executive summaries and/or analyses detailing the findings of the research
- Draft media materials based on outline or direction from supervisors
- Support new business initiatives through the development of pitch materials and background research
- Actively participate in and contribute to discussions surrounding clients’ media strategies
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Monitor for print, online, broadcast and social media and the development of client media reports and ongoing client issues and crises
- Prepare initial drafts of client updates (as needed and requested)
- Prepare clip reports and executive summaries as needed by team and client
- Proof and edit internal and external documents
- Develop and maintain media contact lists and databases
To apply, please submit
- Cover letter and Resume – including GPA information
- Short answer (no more than 1,000 words): Briefly describe one brand (company, person etc.) that has experienced recent reputational issues and give your opinion as to whether you believe they were managed successfully or unsuccessfully and why. Also provide examples of what you would have done differently.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- BA or BS Degree (Politics, English, International Relations, Economics or related fields)
- Some professional experience in an agency/strategical consulting firm, communications, political campaigns, law or a related field
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape
- Professional demeanor
- Can meet urgent deadlines consistently
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Desire to pursue learning and self-development
- Strong awareness and understanding of current events
- Can ask for assistance from other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Posting added 10/1/17.
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology, unlike any other at a record label. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
You’ll provide support to the EVP as well as the department as a whole. You’ll wear a lot of hats and work on various projects as they come, crossing all parts of the department. You’ll have the opportunity and responsibility to get involved in all aspects of our digital strategy. If you love all things digital, don’t mind listening to loud music all day and can participate in spontaneous brainstorms, then this is the place for you.
Here you’ll get to:
- Help organize a large, ever-changing team of creatives
- Participate in various digital marketing creative brainstorming
- Manage calendars, phones/call logs, expense reports, and travel for EVP and their direct reports, as requested
- Initiate purchase orders and process department invoices for payment by AP
- Maintain Atlantic digital properties including social, email and website platforms
- Leverage analytics tools and team to provide insights into artist marketing campaigns and fans
- Coordinate day-to-day tools and operations for 30+ person department
- Assist with campaigns, content creation, and web production projects with a focus on creative marketing and social best practices/operations
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- You are nice
- You are creative
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated
- You LOVE the internet, technology, social and music
- You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
- You are a flexible, quick learner
- You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
- You have AMAZING organizational abilities
- You have excellent attention to detail as well as verbal and writing skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Music/entertainment-related internships or experience
- Creative marketing, video, design or ecommerce experience
- Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of this page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
NYU’s prestigious Stern School of Business has an opening for a Communications Specialist in theUndergraduate College. The Undergraduate College Communications team is charged with enhancing the reputation of the NYU Stern Undergraduate College through pride building and public relations. The Communications Specialist is key to those efforts, developing strategic communications content (digital and print) for use by the Dean of the Undergraduate College and Undergraduate College team, and serving as a communications specialist on a variety of matters, including branding, social media, photography, copyright, visual and written and style, and crisis communications. The selected candidate will manage the creation, production, and distribution of print and digital communications to a wide array of Undergraduate College audiences across integrated digital channels. S/he will maintain and manage one audience-specific communication plan, collaborating with colleagues as appropriate. S/he is responsible for oversight and analysis of Communications team budget and development of systems to track spending of communications campaigns.
2 years of relevant communications experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills are essential, along with strong project management and organizational skills.
New York University Stern School of Business, located in Greenwich Village, is one of the nation’s premier management education schools and research centers. We offer a collegial and supportive culture, an excellent benefits package, which includes NYU tuition reimbursement for self and eligible family members, flexible work program for eligible employees, generous vacation, health, dental and pension plans.
For more information about working at NYU and to apply for this position online (2017-3683), please visit our web site at: http://www.nyu.edu/about/careers-at-nyu.html. In your cover letter, please indicate where you learned about this opportunity. We accept online applications only.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Posting added 9/25/17.
Provide administrative support for Vice President, Media Relations as well as support and coordination of activities within a fast-paced Media Relations team which includes a Director and Sr. Publicist.
- Administrative support includes answering phones, monthly expense reports, scheduling meetings, managing daily calendar, coordinating travel and other general clerical support work
- Coordinate travel, cars and grooming for talent at press appearances and special events
- Generate and maintain talent itineraries and press schedules
- Organize and file daily stream of press clippings; distribute to appropriate executives and file for future departmental use
- Manage requests for press materials including clip reels and photos; cut video clips as needed
- Assist at premiere screenings and press events. This would include, assisting in seating assignments, ticketing, production support and other related tasks at events
- Assist in preparing publicity materials for film festivals and awards ceremonies
- Develop and maintain relationships with select group of editors, filmmakers and talent reps
- Research and development of targeted press lists
- Some writing of press materials
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience, preferably in a PR role
- Strong interest in television, social issues, news
- Solid writing and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills. Candidate interacts with a diverse group of executives at all levels, media and filmmakers
- Ability to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion, sensitivity and professionalism
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Flexible work schedule, must be able to assist at events scheduled in the evenings and on weekends
Posting added on 9/18/17
Content Producer/Public Relations Assistant
The Content Producer/Public Relations Assistant is responsible for writing all types of informational and promotional content for a variety of channels and publications including: brochures, flyers and marketing collateral for admissions, academic departments and events, the University magazine, news site and web site.
The Content Producer/PR Assistant will be expected to nurture relationships across departments and develop a broad understanding of the University’s programs and how those programs tell the University’s story and enhance its brand. The Content Producer/PR Assistant must be equally facile with marketing, advertising, rhetorical and news writing, and be able to translate the University’s core messaging into a variety of voices and styles.
This position, reporting to the Assistant Vice President for University Relations, is also responsible for supporting the functions of the Public Relations team and the Office of University Relations, including media relations, strategic marketing initiatives and special events. This position will require some evening and weekend hours in support of special events and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Crisp, lively writing and excellent communication skills
- An understanding of the publication production process
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in higher education or journalism
- Video shooting and editing skills preferred
- Knowledge of AP style and attention to detail
- Adept at working with internal and external colleagues, clients and vendors across many disciplines and departments (academic, admission, administrators, students, alumni)
- Ability to synthesize the needs, suggestions and edits of multiple constituencies while maintaining brand integrity and messaging
- Experience producing copy for a variety of collateral materials, including brochures, flyers, direct mail and marketing pieces
- Ability to take complex topics and convey them in a compelling, accessible way to a general audience
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Universityrelations@hofstra.edu.
Please include “Content Producer/Public Relations Assistant” in the subject line.
Posting added on 9/18/17
Part-Time Special Events Position
The part-time special events position with Hillary Needle Events would assist with the fall events set up, event operation and break down. The assistant would have to have their own transportation and live locally. This person should be interested in event planning and PR as there is the potential for the student to continue on a part-time basis beyond the fall. Candidate must be personable, professional and have excellent written and verbal skills. Interested students should send a cover letter and resume to Adria Marlowe (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than Thursday, September 21 at 5 pm.
Please note that the Girls Inc. and LIAF events have extensive raffle and auction set ups and require all staff at the 4:30pm time.
Accountant/Attorney Networking Group Networking Cocktail Reception
- Staffing 4:30-9pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 Garden City Hotel
- Event runs 6-9pm
- Back to the 80’s theme
- Three hour cocktail hour with sponsor display area
- 80’s attire
Girls Inc. of Long Island 6th Annual Butterfly Awards
- Staffing 4:30-10pm
- Thursday, November 2, 2017, Crest Hollow Country Club, Woodbury, NY
- Event runs 6:30-10pm
- Cocktail hour, sit down dinner, program, dancing, raffle and auction
- Black or Red business/dressy attire
Long Island Alzheimer’s Foundation Making Memories: Cocktails & Casino Night
- Staffing 4:30-9:30pm
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017, Carlyle on the Green, Bethpage, NY
- Event runs 6:00-9:30pm
- Cocktail hour with casino, reserved seats for sponsors, open seating for the rest, program, raffle and auction
- Black business attire
Posting added 9/15/17
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
USA Network, the leader in cable entertainment, offers a powerful stable of dramatic, comedic and unscripted originals in more than 102 million U.S. homes. The network also features spectacular live television, a dynamic portfolio of acquired series and the best in blockbuster theatrical films and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. USA’s award-winning website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com. Watch USA Network anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs.
SYFY is a global, multiplatform media brand that gives science fiction fans of all kinds a universe to call home. Celebrating the genre in all its forms, SYFY super-serves passionate fans with original science fiction, fantasy, paranormal and superhero programming, live event coverage and imaginative digital and social content. The brand is powered by SYFY WIRE (www.syfy.com), the premier portal for breaking genre news, insight and commentary. SYFY is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.Career Level ExperiencedCountry United StatesState/Province New YorkCity New YorkResponsibilities The Communications Associate will generate maximum exposure for USA and SYFY original programming and returning series. The position reports directly to Sr. Director of Communications for USA and SYFY, based in New York.
- Help develop & execute PR campaigns for assigned series and specials
- Act as a back-up publicist for high profile series, assisting other members of the team with PR campaigns
- Assist in the creation all press materials (press releases, mailers to TV critics, bios, photo captions, EPK’s etc.)
- Develop and maintain strong press relationships (long lead magazines, weeklies, trade publications, major dailies, blog & other digital outlets)
- Service daily media requests
- Create and maintain media lists
- Create and maintain editorial calendars
- Build positive relationships with the talent, producers, PR agencies and representatives, agents, managers
- Work closely with talent relations team to coordinate ad sales/marketing shoots, promo shoots, upfront participation and other events
- Help coordinate talent travel and press itineraries
- Monitor competitive environment and industry trends via daily review of competitive/industry news
- Coordinate press events, including junkets, red carpets, press screenings etc.
- Coordinate set visits
- Track and process department invoices
- Help develop press talking points and Q&A’s in preparation for press interviews
- Help with awards campaigns and manage submissions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years TV publicity experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on nights and weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Previous entertainment publicity experience
- Strong interpersonal, pitching, and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Individual needs to be able to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
- Proactive, master multi-tasker
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong external and team communication skills a must
- Ability to interface well with all levels of executives, talent and media
- Superior organization skills
Long Island Wins: Online Editor
Long Island Wins is a non-profit communications organization focusing on immigration issues on Long Island and beyond.
The online editor coordinates and produces content for a website devoted to immigration news. The online editor will have knowledge of/interest in Long Island-based immigration/social justice issues, strong English-language writing/editing/reporting skills, knowledge of html, content-management systems, social media fluency, overall multimedia skills (shoot/edit video, audio, photos) and project management. He/she will also manage a bench of freelance reporters and bloggers. The online editor reports to the executive director.
- Oversee website content and management.
- Write, edit and proofread web content
- Post photos, videos, live streaming.
- Recruit and manage a diverse bench of freelance reporters and bloggers.
- Create, curate and promote published content using social media.
- Fluency in social media applications; knowledge of Google analytics.
- Manage press outreach for organization’s events and breaking news.
- Excellent investigative reporting, writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of video, audio, and photo storytelling and multimedia editing.
- Ability to travel on Long Island, including a reliable car and valid drivers license.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Professional experience in journalism or communications.
- Spanish-language skills a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of immigration issues.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive with other non-profits and includes health, dental and vision benefits. Please email a cover letter, resume, and three published print or video samples with at least one print sample to email@example.com.
Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are 6- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. Fellows contribute to client projects while rotating among account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors.
How to become a Fellow:
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing, advertising or creative services
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media.
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- A strong career interest in communications or creative services
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity
* Applicants for creative fellowships should also demonstrate skills and proficiency in their area of interest (design, video, social content, digital, copywriting, etc.)
To apply, please visit our website at http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/scholarships-fellowships/