Posted Below are New York Career Opportunities for Recent Graduates
Warner Music Group
- With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
A little bit about our team:
- Promotion works towards developing awareness and exposure for records through various mediums focusing on but not limited to radio. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing, creating grass roots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets.
Why this could be your next big break:
- In this role you will support and assist the SVP, Head of Rhythm & Urban Promotion with all administrative tasks.
- Manage all administrative duties for the SVP and others in the Promotion department including; organization, scheduling, submitting expenses and coordinating travel
- Act as primary liaison to radio personnel, management, and promotion department
- Research special projects relating to radio
- Record weekly targets and projections from the team
- Play an integral role in all types of radio promotion
Rockstar candidates will need:
- Proficiency in Soundscan, Mediabase, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize work load
- To identify system deficiencies and create new solutions
- A Professional demeanor
- A Good communication skills
- High school Diploma
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Career interest in Radio Promotion
- Good analytical skills a plus
- Good writing/editing skills a plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Posting added 12/3/17.
- This position coordinates the development and execution of targeted consumer advertising and promotional plans to drive awareness, tune in and engagement among HBO’s multicultural audiences including African American, Hispanic, Asian American and LGBT.
- Assist with managing multiple external agencies in the development of creative, media plans, and high-impact promotions – including writing creative briefs, providing feedback and managing timelines.
- Provide administrative support at all phases of marketing activation including planning, coordination and execution.
- Act as liaison to internal departments (Creative Services, Legal/Business Affairs, Digital and Social Marketing, Domestic Network Distribution, Research) to help circulate key information and ensure all promotional plans are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support creative development for all advertising/promotional campaigns and coordinate delivery of assets with the in-house and external production teams.
- Traffic marketing materials to Legal/Business Affairs to secure approval on all rights and clearance issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day budget maintenance and awareness including but not limited to invoice submission, tracking and reporting.
- Process contracts and vendor service agreements.
- Organize and inventory department premium and production storage.
- Monitor media trends and provide regular updates to the team.
- Develop recommendations for innovative engagement tactics, emerging partners, and culture influencers.
- B.A. required
- Minimum 1 year of experience working at a media company or advertising agency; entertainment industry experience preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail
- Solid creative judgment and familiarity developing materials across all forms of media
- Experience in media planning or buying a plus, but not mandatory
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate basic media terminology
- Excellent organizational, time management and writing skills
- Interest in data analytics preferred, particularly analyzing social media trends
- Ability to create presentations and one sheets using a variety of applications (Word, Pages, Keynote, Power Point, Excel)
- Spanish fluency a plus, but not mandatory
Job posting added 12/1/17.
Mark Morris Dance Group
The Mark Morris Dance Group, formed in 1980, is an 18-member dance company that tours domestically and internationally. Live music and community engagement are vital components of the Dance Group. It has toured with its own musicians, the MMDG Music Ensemble, since 1996. Through the organization’s Access/MMDG community programming, it integrates opportunities for dance, music, talks, and education at its Brooklyn home, the Mark Morris Dance Center, as well as on tour around the world. The Dance Center, opened in 2001, also provides rehearsal space for the dance community; diverse dance and fitness offerings for adults, beginner to professional; and a school serving students ages 18 months to 18 years.
The Mark Morris Dance Group seeks an individual with a passion for web design, content creation, and crafting stories on social media to join its fast-paced, high-demand marketing department. The department serves the full organization, encompassing the touring dance group, dance center, and school and will be an integral part of nurturing a patron-centric institutional culture as we prepare for audience development initiatives, the launch of a multi-year fundraising campaign, and the company’s 40th anniversary in 2020.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Curate the organization’s brand across social media channels – 3 Facebook pages (Mark Morris Dance Group, Mark Morris Dance Center, Dance for PD); Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Snapchat
• Create and implement strategy to grow followers and engagement on all channels, ensuring content is aligned with marketing and fundraising initiatives
• Work with marketing and communications associate on crafting messages that meet institutional, fundraising, and marketing goals.
• Work with presenting organizations to produce content for use in promoting the Dance Group’s tour engagements
• Oversee digital advertising campaigns, including Google Search and Display
• Co-manage email databases with marketing assistant
• Work with marketing associate, assistant, and interns to ensure main markmorrisdancegroup.org website and microsites remain up-to-date
• Oversee transition, launch, and management of an online store in 2018
• Analyze and report monthly on results across channels
• 1-2 years experience in social media/digital marketing, preferably in the cultural sector
• Ability to evolve techniques with the changing landscape of digital marketing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and various website CMS, including Squarespace and Wix
• Understanding of Facebook and Google Search & Display advertising
• Understanding of email databases and segmentation targeting.
• Ability to use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to track conversions
• An aesthetic eye and superb communication, writing, and proofing skills.
• Self-driven; able to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Experience with a performing arts organization and/or familiarity with the work of Mark Morris or dance is a plus.
• Availability to work some late nights and weekends as needed.
• $33,000 – $36,500
• Benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary dental coverage, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please provide the following as part of your application:
• Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position.
• Complete resume, including salary requirements.
• Writing sample(s) of your choice to highlight your skills in this area.
• Indicate Web and Social Media Coordinator in the subject line of the email and in body of cover letter.
• Applications in electronic format accepted at email@example.com.
• No phone calls.
Posting added 12/1/17.
The assistant account executive is responsible for supporting account teams in daily activities. S/he will learn Edelman’s various consulting processes/approaches, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises, and support account teams in the execution of these processes for clients. Expected competencies include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social media industry and basic principles of community engagement
- Understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling conversational monitoring reports and competitor coverage, scheduling and logistics
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials, specifically content calendars for Facebook and Twitter
- Assist with research including analysis of online conversations
- Coordinate projects and events including inviting influencers, attending events, and preparing reports
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Gather.com,YouTube, etc.
- Contribute to the performance appraisal process for peers, managers and interns
- Supervise interns/ trainees
- Understand internal operations and inter-team cooperation
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your tactical skills by attending Edelman
- University classes and seeking other training, including on-the-job training and mentoring
- Participate in the new business process including research, audits and preparation of proposals
Financial Planning and Management:
- Understand account budget parameters and over-servicing
- Provide administrative support for team
- Record and submit time, expenses and POs to the right project codes on a timely basis – ideally daily, but no later than weekly
- Notify supervisor of any potential cost overruns
- Follow all Edelman financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Live “in color” by exploring and being active in the world outside of work, including the arts, culture, politics, literature, charitable organizations and/or other personal passions
- Product Capability and Development:
- Learn about Edelman’s various capabilities and contribute ideas when appropriate about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Aid in the implementation of new capabilities
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends
This is an entry-level account position. An assistant account executive will possess good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
S/he will have excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he will have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, general office logistics and will pass a writing test. S/he will have an interest in pursuing a career in social media. S/he must have a strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work to his/her team and clients. Previous internship experience in the communications field and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Job posting added 11/7/2017.
- Support the Performance Marketing team in the development and execution of paid media campaigns across HISTORY, Lifetime and A&E
- Help manage projects with external media agencies and partners: provide direction, quality control, and coordinate approval processes.
- Act as liason between internal stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of paid campaign elements
- Assist in the preparation of internal communication documents
- Help gather intelligence from internal and external research resources
- Stay on top of developments within the media landscape, identifying new trends, partners and potential opportunities. Package information for internal communication.
- Assist SVP, Performance Marketing in managing schedule & doing light administrative duties including but not limited to power point, expenses, travel, etc.
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of the digital media space (including social media) and new technology platforms
- Passionate about entertainment and popular culture.
- Passionate about marketing and media.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to pay close attention to details working independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Must be comfortable working with tight deadlines and last minute changes.
- College degree in marketing, communications or related field.
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will support the Digital Marketing Department with the execution and ongoing maintenance of digital marketing campaigns and email programs. This will include creating and updating assets such as microsites, landing pages, emails, display ads, and other digital content on marketing sites. The Digital Marketing Assistant will also support our marketing sites particularly our e-commerce platform, the Macmillan Learning Student Store.
Responsibilities will include the logistics involved in the implementation of email and all online promotional activity for Macmillan Learning including collaborating to create email marketing programs for customer acquisition and lead generation, ensuring maintenance of Marketo folders, programs, and assets, and creating strong content assets for campaigns in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Specialists. The Digital Marketing Assistant will also participate in both large-scale projects and recurring updates to the Student Store in conjunction with our Senior Product Manager and Senior Digital Marketing Specialist. In this role, the Digital Marketing Assistant will be responsible for contributing to a positive customer user experience across all of our digital content and platforms.
• Support the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist and Director of Digital Marketing in the execution of cross-disciplinary or company-wide marketing campaigns including the Student Store campaign, welcome programs, engagement campaigns, and opt-in campaigns
• Manage the process of building custom storefronts for the Student Store• Communicate with cross-functional teams to make sure custom storefronts are build in a timely manner
• Update and maintain a central email calendar in SalesForce including adding new email send requests, reflecting deployment status, linking email programs to campaigns, and evaluating end to end process between SurveyGizmo and SalesForce.
• Maintain and update Marketo folders, programs, and assets including data management and clean up
• Support the Email Marketing Team in the creation and maintenance of Marketo email marketing programs, landing pages, and forms in Marketo including QA, routing test sends, and deploying emails
• Manage and maintain inventory of microsites, walkthroughs, landing pages, slideshows demos, and other campaign-specific web properties
• Coalesce data from various digital marketing platforms to create and distribute recurring reports to stakeholders including a monthly send volume report and monthly campaign report
• Assist in the creation and distribution of ad hoc reports and yearly analyses
• Collaborate with Senior Digital Marketing Specialist and Email Team to create and update digital marketing resources, documentation, user manuals, and request forms
• Support large scale marketing site projects for the Student Store and other marketing sites including content migrations, redesigns, and optimization projects as needed
• Create content for integrated campaigns across channels, supporting digital marketing specialists from campaign launch through completion as needed
• Team oriented with a positive can-do attitude
• Takes initiative to support new projects/tasks and learn new skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across departments and teams
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google for Work (Slides, Sheets, Docs, Drive)
• Strong organizational abilities
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and deadlines
• Creative and strategic thinker
• Comfortable learning new technologies
• Keen interest in digital marketing and customer experience
• Prior internship experience in digital marketing or publishing a plus
• Basic HTML knowledge preferred
• Working knowledge of email service providers (e.g. Marketo, ExactTarget) a plus
Education Requirements: BA or in English, Communications, Marketing, Business or other related field or equivalent work experience
Job listing added 10/30/17