Posted below are scholarship opportunities for public relations students
Zimmerman Edelson Scholarship Fall 2017
The one-time $2,500 annual award in tuition remission from Zimmerman/Edelson, Inc., one of Long Island’s largest public relations, marketing and strategic communications firms, is intended for students interested in pursuing a career in public relations. Recipients will also have the opportunity to participate in a semester-long internship at the company’s Great Neck, NY, office. This is the only donor-funded scholarship within the Herbert School that is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Applications are being accepted now! The deadline is Monday, April 24, 2017.
The Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council (NSHC)
The Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council (NSHC) has a $2,000 scholarship for college juniors/seniors or post graduate students who are studying journalism, marketing/communication, or healthcare administration. (The scholarship is not for clinical-based study.) The Ann Marie Brown Memorial Scholarship honors the late Ann Marie Brown, who served as vice president for government and public relations for the Hospital Council from 1983 to 1993. The scholarship is administered by the Hospital Council’s Communications Committee.
Filing deadline is May 12, 2017. Recipient is expected to attend the award luncheon on June 8, 2017. For more information and an application go to www.nshc.org and click on programs or call 631-963- 4156.
About the Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council (NSHC)
The NSHC represents the not-for- profit and public hospitals on Long Island. Its goal is to enhance health care for all Long Islanders through its advocacy with lawmakers, regulatory agencies, the media, and the
PRPLI Scholarship Program
Since 1990, Public Relations Professionals of Long Island (PRPLI) has been the organization on Long Island for people who work in the field of public relations to network, learn, mentor and advance in their careers.
Each year, PRPLI awards up to two $1,000 scholarship awards and a complimentary PRPLI membership for one year. Winner(s) will receive a check for $1,000 (made payable to winner) and the PRPLI membership, both which will be presented at the PRPLI Awards Dinner in May 2017.
- The PRPLI Student Scholarship is open to full-time college juniors, seniors (including graduating seniors) and post-graduate students at four-year colleges/universities, and full-time sophomores attending a community college whose career objective is to work in the area of public relations, communications and/or marketing.
- To qualify, the applicant must meet one of the following two criteria:
- The applicant’s permanent residence must be on Long Island (Nassau or Suffolk County) –OR-
- The applicant must attend college on Long Island (regardless of where their permanent residence is)
- The applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average and currently be studying public relations, communications or marketing
- The scholarship applicant must have had an internship in a public relations/communications capacity at a business, not-for-profit organization or government agency during the spring 2016, summer 2016, fall 2016 or spring 2017 semester.
Applications are due by February 1, 2017. There are two ways to apply:
- Online: Visit www.prpli.org/scholarship-program/ to fill out an online application. You can then either email the form and attachments (PDF version) to email@example.com or mail it to the address in No. 2 below.
- By mail: Complete the enclosed application and mail it to PRPLI, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 158, Hicksville, NY 11802
As a special thank you, all qualified entrants of this year’s scholarship award will receive a free student membership to PRPLI for the 2017-2018 program year.
Thank you for your interest in public relations and PRPLI’s Scholarship Award. If you have any questions, please contact Andrea Jones, 516-330-1183, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jessica Bellucci, 212-210-2626, email@example.com.
TEMPORARY FILE: Wang Chiu _Amy_Ting capstone 2017